FMF Q4 Jetting

Hey guys quick question.

How many of you are running an FMF Q4 and did you need to change your jetting? Seems like I am seeing a lot of reviews of people saying they didn't change theirs with the Q4 on various bikes including crfs. But some people are assclowns and should have rejetted but dont know. Mine will be here tomorrow and I will be putting it on the bike this weekend but all my local riding areas are under deep snow and/or closed for the season

I am probably not going to get time to get out and give the bike a shakedown ride before showing up to the desert 100 so if I am likely to need a bigger main jet I wanna get one now so I have it.

Edited by jblob

When I put an FMF Powerbomb and Lexx slip-on on my '08 450R (and pulled the backfire screen at the same time) I definitely had to go up a couple sizes on both main and pilot to reduce popping and flame-out.

29 minutes ago, axeman said:

When I put an FMF Powerbomb and Lexx slip-on on my '08 450R (and pulled the backfire screen at the same time) I definitely had to go up a couple sizes on both main and pilot to reduce popping and flame-out.

Totally different setup though the q4 is pretty well baffled and has a spark arrestor. And stock head pipe so I'm not sure if it will flow much more than stock its more about being quiet than high performance

Gonna go ahead and grab the next 2 bigger main jets and a bigger pilot in case I need them.

Always smiles coming home to new parts

IMG_20170317_114946.jpg

Edited by jblob