Jump to content

250 conversion unimpressive

Recommended Posts

This past weekend I gave the newly converted xr200/xr250 a test run. I noticed a very slight low end increase, but nothing impressive. I am thinking that the only way to truly obtain 250 potential is to use a 250 head and carbs. The 84/85 250 heads, with valves, I have seen on the internet are expensive ($400 plus). I used the 200 head and carbs on my project, hoping for the best. I am going to simply revert back to the 200, and freshen the upper end. That should help with compression, etc. Hey, if I come across a deal on a 250 loaded head, I may try it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×