Wr gearbox rebuild

Hey there , I bought a WR450 2008 , the engine /gear box is completely dismantled , a gearbox bearing seized up and previous owner never put it back together just left it in pieces .  Just wondering what guys are using for diagrams/manuals with the best info for doing a full rebuild.  thanks ! 

The first time I used a combination of the OEM service manual and the parts manual.  A transmission gear won't fit on the wrong shaft, so you can start by figuring out which gear fits what shaft.  Next you figure out which gear dog meshes with adjacent gears on that same shaft.  Next and last thing you need to figure out is where the washers and keys go and which direction they sit.  If you're close to Victoria then bring all the parts you've got and I can assemble the whole assembly in about 10 minutes for you.

A little hint, each shaft is a combination of fixed and rotating gears.  You'll never have two fixed gears sitting side by side, it'll look something like this;

Fixed / Rotating / Fixed / Rotating / Fixed <- shaft 1

Rotating / Fixed / Rotating / Fixed / Rotating <- shaft 2

Edited by zibbit u2

RonAyers.com has a great michrofiche resource (MXJunky preferred that site to motosport.com for ease of use).  MXJ rebuild the transmission on his YZ250 a few years ago.  

7 hours ago, BrentKX said:

I might take you up on that I'm about 45 mins from Victoria . 

You must be in Duncan then.  I grew up there.

• Like 1