FX VS F CLUTCH LEVER

So I already got the clutch switch eliminator, but now I'm wondering since that's off of there, can I just buy an FX clutch lever, or would I need a completely new perch for that to fit???

Just curious because flex levers for the FX are like $75 from GYTR, but I can get one for an F for like $50...  Still a lot for a lever IMO, but I hate running full wrap guards so I gots to do it.

I got a multi-axis pivoting YZ250F clutch lever for my 2017 YZ250 FX and it doesn't fit the FX perch.  It's too late to send it back so I guess it will be an expensive spare for my son's 2016 YZ250F that already has a similar lever.  :-(

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Max17 said:

I got a multi-axis pivoting YZ250F clutch lever for my 2017 YZ250 FX and it doesn't fit the FX perch.  It's too late to send it back so I guess it will be an expensive spare for my son's 2016 YZ250F that already has a similar lever.  :-(

ok, that's what I was afraid of.  THANK YOU!!!  Sorry about the bad luck there, that always sucks!

• Like 1

I made the mistake of getting it from Motosport.com which says it fits a 2017 FX even though it doesn't.  In the reviews I now see there is someone else with an FX who also got burned on this.  I should have stuck with Rocky Mtn ATV/MC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max17 said:

I made the mistake of getting it from Motosport.com which says it fits a 2017 FX even though it doesn't.  In the reviews I now see there is someone else with an FX who also got burned on this.  I should have stuck with Rocky Mtn ATV/MC.

I had the same thing happen awhile back with a shifter lever from RM ATV/MC.

• Like 1

I haven't personally had that happen with RM ATV/MC but from what I've seen in customer feedback/reviews, RM seems pretty good with returns.  They also seem to me to make fewer listing errors but I don't at all doubt what happened to you.  Their shipping system sucks and they frequently make shipping errors.

• Like 1

I think a lot of times they just list whatever the manufacturer tells them, so in some cases it's probably not their fault, but they definitely should've made it right for you if their listing was wrong.

• Like 2