WR450 headlight question

I just did a WR450 headlight conversion on a DRZ, all went well and looks great. I ordered another OEm headlight assembly and when it came I noticed it has a different part number and an extra little bulb in the bottom of the housing with a pigtail harness on it. What is this used for???

Thanks all,

Steven

I recently purchased a 2012 headlight for my '09 and wondered the same thing.  I have it currently just tied off with a zip tie.  I tried looking at 2012 schematics to see how it's wired but no luck.  I also have a Baja Designs headlight that has that tiny bulb as well from an old dual sport kit I had for my XR250R and never figured it out. 

Greg

It stays on when your ignition is on. So you may kill your bike with kill switch, pop clutch, whatever, park your bike and walk away, the little light stays on cause your ignition is on. Best i can tell, thats what its for. Mines disconnected, therefore leave my ingition on all day and not worry about any draw on batt.

Just remembered. I think to plate a bike the light needs to be able to stay on e certain amt of time without motor running. This may fulfill that requirement. Since big light is only on when motor is on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avlisj said:

It stays on when your ignition is on. So you may kill your bike with kill switch, pop clutch, whatever, park your bike and walk away, the little light stays on cause your ignition is on. Best i can tell, thats what its for. Mines disconnected, therefore leave my ingition on all day and not worry about any draw on batt.

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense when the main headlight only works when the engine is running.