Jetting a 2004 crf250r

I have a 2005 honda crf250r with a yoshimura exhaust and I am trying to get it pefectly jetted. The slow jet or pilot jet seem to be off just a little. When the bike is warmed up and idling and I crack the throttle fast the bike wants to just bog down but, if I roll the throttle on normal it revs up just fine. Anyone have any suggestions on which jet to change and which way to go? 

Pilot jet and fuel screw are for idle ONLY. You need to service your AP. Your manual covers it in good detail.

No one nails the throttle from idle during normal riding, just guys revving in the driveway.

• Like 1

AP? Whats that? So if I'm one of those guys that's nailing it in my driveway its suppose to bog down? 

That's normal, is it fine when riding? There are ap mods you can do for better quick twisting throttle response, google crf ap mod. There's a wire mod and a ap diaphragm stud mod. 

AP is the accelerator pump, it shoots fuel down the throat of the carb when you twist the throttle quickly. Its totally mechanical so it happens even when the bike isnt running, just an fyi. You can set the timing and duration of the squirt of fuel by changing a jet and doing mods like tom mentioned. You need this circuit because the carb cant mix enough fuel with the air when the throttle is first opened quickly, so you get the lean bog youre describing.

My 04 doesnt bog anywhere, riding or on the stand, so I wouldnt say its normal. All Ive done is the oring mod, same as wire mod, and ensured the jet was clean and the timing was right. The 06 and up is where they had real issues with this because of the larger carb bore giving even less velocity at lower rpms.

Start with a quick read on the circuit and then ensure the diaphragm isnt torn and everything else it set right. Its best to do this with the carb off the bike hooked up to fuel so you can set the squirt right relative to the slide timing wise. To give an idea mine squirted well over 10ft when I pointed it across the garage.

CRFRida1605 Thank you for your response and for reading my question and answering it in full. Thumper talk needs more like you. It turns out that my jetting is correct and as you stated it is not normal for the 04 crf250r to lag or lean bog when the throttle is opened quickly while riding or on the stand in the driveway. After further investigation I must embarrassingly admit the problem was a fuel tank that was very close to empty. After finding this out i added fuel and the lean bog went away.

p.s. The accelerator pump diaphragm was replaced when I cleaned and jetted the carb.

Thank everyone for there help. It is greatly appreciated.