05 crf250r hard to find neutral

I noticed a weird problem starting, if I'm in first I can still push my shifter down but won't click until I rock the bike back and forth,  it will eventually not allow me to push my shifter down like it's completely finally in first. Then I can usually find neutral,  also i have to lightly lightly pull up for it to go in neutral if I do anymore than just bump it it shifts into 2nd.  Any ideas? Also seems like my bike is easier to start sometimes if I have the back tire on even ground and sometimes will have to rock the bike. Is the shift paw or dog worn or is this transmission related ?

Having an issue similar to yours. When I use the shifter, the bike doesn't want to shift into gear. I really had to push and pull on it to get it to shift. Couldn't find neutral either. I just swapped out my shift forks. Hopefully it fixes my problem. I'll let you know by the end of the day.

Sounds similar but not quite the same issue,  mine shifts easy but it seems like when trying to get it into first sometimes I have to roll the bike back and forth or it will just keep pushing down but already be in first . Which makes it really hard to find neutral sometimes.  But when I rock it the shifter will eventually lock in to where I can't push it down anymore then I can somewhat find neutral easier . But yeah still let me know