Weak Rear Nissin Brake

Hi,

Since I got my second hand dirt bike I noticed that my rear brake is pretty weak though the pads are just fine. I thought that adjusting the pedal height will help but it made it much worse, and now the rear brake is awfully weak. I decided to bleed the system. After successfully bleeding the brake nothing changed. Can someone please try to guess what's wrong and what should I do? Thanks!

5 hours ago, William1 said:

Make/Model/Year???

HM CRE125f baja rr 2013 

The brakes are NISSIN, I think honda use these brakes on their bikes also...

Edited by WakaWaka

15 hours ago, William1 said:

Assuming the pedal is firm, next things to confirm is the caliper slider moves freely and that the pads/rotor is not glazed.

In addition to this, rear brake hydraulics can be difficult to bleed. Try reverse bleeding, that is pushing the brake fluid from the bleeder on the caliper back up to the master cylinder. It may help to bounce or jiggle the pedal while doing this.  If this a Chinese bike, the fluid needs to changed anyway, use dot 3 or 4. 

If all that fails to get a good brake, check for a seized piston. If the caliper is ok, replace the master. They are cheap online.

Bleeding is first, but since you did that a couple things you can check are the brake rotor being warped...if the rotor is warped it will keep returning the caliper piston back further then it should be; check the brake line, when brake line gets old it starts to stretch under pressure and will cause those symptoms too; if still no luck, you may need to rebuild the master in case the plunger is letting fluid by.