2017 xcf250 starting in cold.

I recently bought a 2017 xcf 250 and i wanna ride it so bad but im having so much difficulties with starting it up. i live in toronto so its still cold here and i know under 15 degress out it has problems with the battery. ive followed the manual were it says start it for 5 seconds and wait 30. ive treyed that mulllllttiple times but nothing. i continue charging my battery and its turning over just fine after the first couple tries but will not start. is this just me being inpatient for warmer weather? i just find it incredibly that its been so difficult to start this thing up considering how much it cost me. once its starteed it runs great but until then im left frustrated out of my mind cuz all i want to do is ride it. Please if anyone has any tips for starting up in cold conditions id greatly appreciate it because there has to be a better way then having to through a heater on it for hours  

Get the uprated battery , today my first ride in months, pressed the button and it started on the 2nd turn over of the engine, but you do know the choke is backwards to other bikes ?

Ya I do. Thing is its not the battery. Its turning over just fine, I recently brought it to my dealership because they forgot to turn off the demo mode when they sold it to me so it ran great for the first hour and a half. I took it back and they unlocked the ecu and then also told me they adjusted the idle because it was way out of position and I'm wondering if they over adjusted or something but I can't even tell if its that cuz I can't get the engine started and I don't know how to tell if its out of place when its not running. Any ideas on how to tell what the best position is? In the manual it say when the idle position is in the correct setting it is easier to start. 

Oh man, here we go again with the KTM Battery.

I also Live in Toronto, I went riding today. You need to push in that little yellow nob underneath the Throttle body. This is your cold start, Then. Cycle the E starter for 5-6 second and let offm wait 10 to 12 seconds and do it again. You should notice the turn over getting stronger. Do this again for 5-6 seconds and wait 10 to 12. Do this over and over until the starter gets faster and faster until it starts. Leave the cold start on for a while and then click the throttle forward to take the cold start off. 

It's like that for every one of these bikes. you have the XC-F Battery so you're lucky. This isn't a problem, KTM's new battery's take this long to warm up because they are stone cold. 

Also check the fuel filter connector, they may have messed with it , if it's not fully clicked into place, the bike will never start

• Like 1

TPS adjustment would be my go-to... Of course after a battery upgrade. My 350xcf wouldn't start in cold weather. Had to jump it... After a batter upgrade, I don't even need to touch the choke... 

Just now, Monk said:

TPS adjustment would be my go-to... Of course after a battery upgrade. My 350xcf wouldn't start in cold weather. Had to jump it... After a batter upgrade, I don't even need to touch the choke... 

Jump it really? I'm not really having these problems with the new battery's, are you drawing a lot of Energy through lights or anything? 

Just now, TomTopDog12 said:

Jump it really? I'm not really having these problems with the new battery's, are you drawing a lot of Energy through lights or anything? 

Nope, no drain. Just had to hook it up to truck and hit the button. Granted it was well bellow freezing, not above... 

26 minutes ago, Monk said:

Nope, no drain. Just had to hook it up to truck and hit the button. Granted it was well bellow freezing, not above... 

I see that clears it up  it, I think as a starter battery that KTM gives you it's pretty good but if it's hella cold it won't stand to the test. 

Thx for all the suggestions but nothings working. I have no clue what's wrong with it so I guess I'm going to have to bring it in which will make it trip number two in two weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Slimey51 said:

Thx for all the suggestions but nothings working. I have no clue what's wrong with it so I guess I'm going to have to bring it in which will make it trip number two in two weeks. 

Did you adjust the TPS

I did adjust the tps and nothing. I have. Since Saturday i be been trying to start it. I had 2 hrs exactly on it. Since Saturday Its gone up to 2.2 hrs from just trying to start it. I'm taking it back this Saturday. IMA try one more thing tomorrow tomtopdog12 suggested and if it doesn't work I'm done trying anything else

Thxf or the suggestions tho

• Like 1

If your reading this and had the same problem i did and you bike is brand new off the show room floor, its very possible they didnt take it out of demo mode so it will only run for a little over an hour and then shut down completely and when trying to start it will flash 15-20 times

• Like 2