yz250 cylider bolt/stud breakage

My brother was rebuilding my top end for me on my 2002 yz250, and due to a failure on his torque wrench, he over tightened and snapped one of my studs . Now i only have 5 of 6 working bolts on the cylinder head.  I have 2 questions. We are supposed to be leaving for a 5 day riding trip in a few days, so we don't have time to order a new one. A: can I achieve enough compression and avoid any disasters for one week without 1 of the 6? b: There is a pretty awesome machine shop by his house that may be able to make us one, but I can't locate the specs. Does anyone have the exact specs for a 2002 yz 250 cylinder head stud? Any and all help would be much appreciated.

You need the stud or bolt. Without it, coolant will leak.

Get a bolt for the time being. Make sure you use the brass washer on the bolt.

It should be an 8mm × 1.25mm thread. Have about 3/4 of an inch of bolt going into the cylinder.

• Like 2

Kp thanks for the advice . We found a shop with the stud nearby and found a guy who was able to get that broken one out with some  kroil and vice grips. She's back together and compression is great . She's ready to fly and we're on the way to sroddard valley ohv for 5 days . Thanks again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kellyleake said:

Kp thanks for the advice . We found a shop with the stud nearby and found a guy who was able to get that broken one out with some  kroil and vice grips. She's back together and compression is great . She's ready to fly and we're on the way to sroddard valley ohv for 5 days . Thanks again

Stoddard for 5 days? I do that in a day. Sure you don't want to make it Spanger/Ridgcrest area for that many days? 

• 1 month later...