2017 KTM 500 EXC

Before the ktm , id never run out of gas , but I was pushing the ktm at least 3 times, that got old.  a stock bike can get near 90+ miles on a tank, or 80+ miles remapped.

My rides are normally atleast 100 miles, I paid dearly trying to do that on one tank. nowadays 70 miles and im heading to the fuel station, the reserve is only good for about 5 miles.

Edited by Spud786

even after I got my bike tuned at the dealer it still pops and backfires on hard deceleration. I would like to know more about getting a better tune for the efi. what are the best set-ups ?

my 2 smokers never backfire but they are carbed and easy to tune.

even after I got my bike tuned at the dealer it still pops and backfires on hard deceleration. I would like to know more about getting a better tune for the efi. what are the best set-ups ?
my 2 smokers never backfire but they are carbed and easy to tune.

What did the dealer do?

warm sunny 1,000 ft elevation .. and the dealer couldn't say what they did but it cost $90 and runs a bit better. did notice the bypass on the vent tubes but would love to eliminate the sensor too

Hmmm, since they couldn't say, what dealer was it?

warm sunny 1,000 ft elevation .. and the dealer couldn't say what they did but it cost $90 and runs a bit better. did notice the bypass on the vent tubes but would love to eliminate the sensor too

Unplug the sensor and see if it throws your efi indicator. If it doesn't you know then it's been mapped

thanks will try. I don't like to call out dealers here on the web .. has anyone visited Blaisracingservices.com ? they have a great list of products to help our rides run better. I giving them a holler. what about a programmer likr they use for the cars/trucks ?

has anyone fitted the IMS 3.2 gallon tank to their 2017 500?

thanks will try. I don't like to call out dealers here on the web .. has anyone visited Blaisracingservices.com ? they have a great list of products to help our rides run better. I giving them a holler. what about a programmer likr they use for the cars/trucks ?
has anyone fitted the IMS 3.2 gallon tank to their 2017 500?

I went with the Acerbis. IMO it looks better.