2017 AER forks on SX bikes for off-road

I've heard some good things from my friends with the new air forks on there XC bikes.

I was curious if anyone is using an SX bike with the air forks for off-road, singletrack riding. 

I have been contemplating picking up a new 150sx for my next bike. Do they have a similar feel to the older closed cartridge Forks? Does anyone know if the sx forks can be re-valved to the xcf specs.

HI, we use them on our 125sx bikes for mx racing. We also have Cones and change them about with the AERs for different tracks. The AERs are very, very good. They are better forks than the CCs and very easy to work on (although the cones and cc's are as well). I would say if you try the AERs you won't go back to CCs. Bob.

Agree with 7Tkm.  I have them on my 2017 250xcf and use them in single track all the time.  They don't deflect and its amazing what you can hit with them with confidence.  The biggest issue I had was getting them to have some rider sag so it is easier to weight the front wheel when cornering.  I achieved this by running lower pressure (117psi) for my 70kg rider weight and having my suspension tuner stiffen the stack.  Now they have rider sag and work amazingly well.

• Like 1

Would you guys stop making me want to go buy a new 150SX!  Geez...