CRF250R 2015 Showa SFF Air Forks

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with the forks. The damping fork is plush, but the left one is stiff like hell, even at recommended settings. I tried lowering the pressure, but nothing helped, so I decided to open and change oil and also see if there is something wrong internally. Unfortunately, I don't have owners manual nor the service manual, and this is my first time opening Showa's SFF Air. 

I have experience with spring forks, but this is the first time I'm opening the air forks. Can somebody share owners/service manual or a video on how to replace oil? I have seen this video, but it only adds oil into the positive (inner) chamber.

Any help would be great. Thanks 

Are you riding mx or woods? Off the bike the left fork feels stiff cause it's the only fork that holds up the bike. If you're riding woods, a softer revalve of the valving/shim stacks in the right fork makes a huge nice difference. 

Thank you for the pictures! 

The forks are actually my friend's and he rides MX. He is an amateur and the forks are like concrete to him. I'm an intermediate rider and they are even stiff for me, but not that bad. When the bike is off stand, you need to push it really, really hard to force them to drop ~4-inches... 

Those are actually from my 2016 manual, the 2015 doesn't have the outer chamber pressure adjustment stock and I think uses stiffer inner and balance chamber pressures. Try 156 psi in the inner and balance chamber, what psi is in it now?  Soften up the compression clicker too if it's too stiff when riding. But yeah I know they feel really stiff standing there but feel alot better when riding 

Kick $8.00 for the service manual. https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/274322916-crf250r-service-manual-repair-2014-2017-crf250-crf. You can have it today. The air forks are no worse than spring forks to service but you got to know the torque settings, and all the other helpful information.

I got the SFF TAC forks to work great for me. My buddy with a 2016 CRF450R describes mine as plush and I think his are harsh as all crxp. I'm around 190 lbs.
Inner - 165psi
Balance - 167psi (having it higher than Inner means it will cause initial movement to be easier)
Outer - Zero (2015 stock is only a bleed screw)
Compression - 8
Rebound - 12
Oil (Outer) Level - about 10cc below max.

Running lower air pressure took away the harshness. When I tried running anywhere near the "recommended" air settings the bike was like godzilla wanting to rise out of the ruts. Adding the extra oil was then needed to reduce the bottoming at the end of the stroke.

Edited by GoneDirtBikeN