2017 500EXC-F handguard question

I'm currently planning to put on a set of Cycra CMR handguards.  I've seen a few post about fit issues and having to move the key location, but a post I read but cannot find again relates to them fitting into the bar ends.  Is there a specific part I need to order for the stock bars or does the parts that ship with the Cycra handguards fit into the bar ends?  

I've got a Scotts SUB mount that I am going to be installing so I suspect I will still have to relocate the key switch but not sure if I am going to have to trim plastic to clear the handguards.  Trying to get the last part on order so I can ride this weekend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bldmtnrider said:

I'm currently planning to put on a set of Cycra CMR handguards.  I've seen a few post about fit issues and having to move the key location, but a post I read but cannot find again relates to them fitting into the bar ends.  Is there a specific part I need to order for the stock bars or does the parts that ship with the Cycra handguards fit into the bar ends?  

I've got a Scotts SUB mount that I am going to be installing so I suspect I will still have to relocate the key switch but not sure if I am going to have to trim plastic to clear the handguards.  Trying to get the last part on order so I can ride this weekend.

Solid or Rubber SUB mount?

not the same kind but these are MSR,  I kind of like the probend.

IMG_3913.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

I install these to help un-clutter the handlebars.  They take the place of the u-mounts.

mounts.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KennyMc said:

I install these to help un-clutter the handlebars.  They take the place of the u-mounts.

mounts.jpg

These mounts will not work with the CRM handguards- they are designed to work with the regular ProBend Cycra guards.

Thanks-

Eric

Well, finally got everything mounted up, but not really sure what I was worried about.  Between the Scotts SUB mount and some additional bar risers The center of the handlebars are a good inch+ over the top of the headlight plastic.  Everything mounted up good but I am going to order the sicass switches for both sides as I could use a little more real estate on the bars.

As far as the key goes, no need to relocate it.  By moving the bars up I have more room with the original switch.  

On 3/20/2017 at 9:41 PM, xrbrp said:

not the same kind but these are MSR ,  I kind of like the probend.

I have the same ones. How did you mount the inner clamps? It looks like you went with the bends in a "U" shape, which likely fit better and lower placement. I went with "n" so if they twist from impact they don't break my brake cables or hydraulic clutch housing. The problem mounting it like I did is that they don't cover the tips of your fingers. Ouch...

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, TriumphTriple said:

I have the same ones. How did you mount the inner clamps? It looks like you went with the bends in a "U" shape, which likely fit better and lower placement. I went with "n" so if they twist from impact they don't break my brake cables or hydraulic clutch housing. The problem mounting it like I did is that they don't cover the tips of your fingers. Ouch...

Sorry I didn't install them. First time ever that I had the dealer install the parts prior to pickup since there was no labor charge I figured why not.  They look like a U shaped as they cradle the cables. 

5 hours ago, xrbrp said:

Sorry I didn't install them. First time ever that I had the dealer install the parts prior to pickup since there was no labor charge I figured why not.  They look like a U shaped as they cradle the cables. 

Hmm. I tried doing it the way you have them but it isn't lining up right. The "U" shaped handlebar mount portion is cocked when trying. I will try again. Thanks.