01 cr250 hard to start?

I dont know if anyone else has an 01 cr250r but does it seem like the kickstarter is the worst kickstarter ever? Its in the weirdest position and my boots slip off it nearly every kick

Im about 5 foot 10 and in order to kick through a full stroke i have to lift my leg REALLY high and from a position where my knee is practically over the bars or touching them. Its also really far forward too

Is there such thing as an aftermarket kickstarter with a different bend or better grip where your foot goes? 

1 hour ago, PMXGraphics said:

I agree the kickstarter position is terrible. I tried the rotate it back one notch but that will not allow it to close completely. I wonder if a kickstart lever from a Yamaha would fit the coupler from the Honda?

So if I rotate it back a notch,  will it hurt anything? Did it make it harder to start? 

Ill see if another stock lever will fit somehow. Im surprised nobody makes aftermarket ones, it would be a great idea

44 minutes ago, 76xtdrvr said:

To help keep your boot from slipping, you can use a triangular file to notch the boot grip area . The file works on the teeth of footpegs also.

Yeah I am really considering that. i was also thinking about slipping something grippy over it

Just the way the starter is positioned, you cant kick at a good angle and keep your foot on. gotta try one to understand ya know?

4 hours ago, HondaWoodsRider171 said:

Is there a way to tell what position is stock? You dont have any issues or major discomfort? 

If you rotate it to far back when its "resting" as in you're riding and not kicking it it could rub on the frame. Take a pic and post it. Also you could try wrapping some skateboard grip tape around it.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:19 AM, TheKX500boi said:

If you rotate it to far back when its "resting" as in you're riding and not kicking it it could rub on the frame. Take a pic and post it. Also you could try wrapping some skateboard grip tape around it.

Here are the pictures. It doesn't touch the pipe although it is very close

20170323_172121_Burst01.jpg

20170323_172128.jpg