Any on the road in your area? Since they came out with the new ones I have seen a total of two on the road. I had two Dakotas and liked the midsize best for my light duty needs. Maybe TX is just not the right market for a FWD asian p/u. I like the size but something is holding me back.

maxresdefault.jpg

Unibody construction.......64 in bed length.

Ridgeline Curb weight 4515 with awd......thats as heavy as a tacoma4x4 with traditional frame.....whats up with that?

1499 max payload and 5000 max towing........not bad at all here......tacoma will tow max 6500.

Still i bet a f150 with 2.7 ecoboost gets almost same milage......so why bother with the ridgeline?

I'm looking to downsize from my Tundra Crew Max in the next year as I don't tow a camper anymore and its a bit cumbersome as an everyday vehicle.  Saw a few of these and looked up close.  A little too low for deep rutted and overgrown fields that are typical race parking areas.  Also, the bed is very shallow, you don't realize that until your looking at it.  Its a beefed up Pilot.  Not all bad as my wife's Pilot has been excellent.  For most suburban buyers for Home Depot trips its fine, for me/us probably comes up a little short.   I think I'll be going with a Tacoma, but from what I hear the auto trans shifting map is a little screwed up.  Hoping that is fixed by the time I'm ready or just get a manual.  I've had a lot of Toyotas with high trouble free milage, can't say that about my Ford.

• Like 1

OK guys, thanks. Hadn't noticed the bed depth but that is an issue I have with the Colorado/Canyon. I am 6'1" and the end of the bed comes up to my upper chest. Really makes loading anything heavy a real struggle if doing it over the side. And then I can't even reach anything on the floor. Stupid. I may break down and actually drive the Honda at an out of town dealer so no friends see me. I have zero need for a full size and don't like how they drive. Hmmm.

10 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

OK guys, thanks. Hadn't noticed the bed depth but that is an issue I have with the Colorado/Canyon. I am 6'1" and the end of the bed comes up to my upper chest. Really makes loading anything heavy a real struggle if doing it over the side. And then I can't even reach anything on the floor. Stupid. I may break down and actually drive the Honda at an out of town dealer so no friends see me. I have zero need for a full size and don't like how they drive. Hmmm.

That's what you need to do George, drive one, I had an 11 Dakota quad cab 4x4 v8 before, the ridgeline smokes it in every category but towing. It still tows more than I ever need to. The height of the bed floor is the biggest drawback that I've found with it. 

• Like 1

The Ridgeline get's a bad rap from guys that think they use a truck more than they really do.  Probably 75% of the trucks I see everyday (myself included) are hauling some guy to his cube (yup, still me) and burning a whole lot of gas to do so (16.5mpg for my truck).  

If the 2nd gen Ridgeline wasn't so fugly, I would have looked harder at one.  The ride is nice.  The back seat is larger than any other midsize.  There's a lot of innovation in the bed.  The reliability is great.  I think it's still more truck than 80% of truck owners really need.  What's so bad about FWD?  The only downside I can see is you can't do doughnuts in the mud.  On rainy days I sometimes wish I had FWD, as a RWD truck can suck on wet pavement when trying to beat traffic in the other lane when a light turns green.

I use my truck to haul the firewood I heat my home it, haul bikes and kayaks on the weekends for the family, and lumber runs to Lowe's.  My Frontier did fine for 10 years, and the only reason I stepped up to an F150 is because I needed a larger back seat for if/when we have a 3rd kid.  I've seen my BIL put their 3 carseats in the back of his Ridgeline, and there's plenty of room.  He also hauls firewood, mulch, and lumber in his 1st gen Ridgeline and it pulls his tandem axle 6.5'X16' trailer surprisingly well when loaded with firewood.

I think sales of the Ridgeline would be better if they tried to make it look more like a truck, instead the gen 2 looks like an Accord with a bed.  Kind of like a bastardized Baja.

280px-Subaru_Baja_Turbo.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/24/2017 at 6:52 PM, ckny said:

I've seen 4 or 5, all driven by old men or women.

Come to think of it, all the new ones I've seen on the road have been driven by guys in their 60's.

It's probably because they've reached an age where practicality trumps looking cool.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2017 at 5:29 AM, GP said:

I'm looking to downsize from my Tundra Crew Max in the next year as I don't tow a camper anymore and its a bit cumbersome as an everyday vehicle.  Saw a few of these and looked up close.  A little too low for deep rutted and overgrown fields that are typical race parking areas.  Also, the bed is very shallow, you don't realize that until your looking at it.  Its a beefed up Pilot.  Not all bad as my wife's Pilot has been excellent.  For most suburban buyers for Home Depot trips its fine, for me/us probably comes up a little short.   I think I'll be going with a Tacoma, but from what I hear the auto trans shifting map is a little screwed up.  Hoping that is fixed by the time I'm ready or just get a manual.  I've had a lot of Toyotas with high trouble free milage, can't say that about my Ford.

Our local dealer already has new generation used ones but none of the earlier ones. People aren't happy with the engines or transmissions. I've heard Nissan Frontier sales have greatly increased. Still a 4.0 engine and a well sorted transmission. 

I think Nissan is going to be very careful when their redesign rolls around.

• Like 1