Has anybody painted there valve cover and flywheel cover on a crf450r 2008

Just wondering if anybody has painted there valve cover and flywheel cover as mine look quite rough any help would be appreciated cheers

IMG_1490040856.267611.jpgIMG_1490040870.177047.jpg

Painted engine covers on a MX bike will look like yours currently do in just a few riding hours. Valve cover will last.

BTW, you are missing a critical engine mount bolt.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, William1 said:

BTW, you are missing a critical engine mount bolt.

^^^^^^   This.    :prof:

• Like 2

I've been doing that to all my bikes since the 70's. valve covers, heads, clutch covers, stator covers. Just my ID I guess, people know thats my bikes, some are powder coated, some paint. Ignition covers are black also, just don't have a picture of that side.20170320_214414.png20160902_172247.jpg

They need to be powder coated if you want it to last. I did a set wrinkle black and painted in the letters with a red touch up pen for cars.

It took me 11 cans of silver to get the perfect match on the older honda  230, 150, 1oo like motors. But my match is good. I often hit mine to keep them looking better. It does not last. Wear will wear again. But the more brownish color of say... the 250x, I have never tried to match

Paint will. Never last. I sandblast mine then acid dip them. It gives them a longer lasting charcoal grey look. Learned it from a few factory mechanics.