blink code

coolant temp sensor, is 0ne long and 2 short     , don't see 2 long and 2 short  , but looking at the 500 blink codes , which nay be differnt

codes are in the owners manual

Edited by Spud786

• 1 year later...

coolant temp sensor, is 0ne long and 2 short     , don't see 2 long and 2 short  , but looking at the 500 blink codes , which nay be differnt

For what its worth....the manual for a 2012 and 2014 350 EXC/XCF-W etc...says exactly what Spud's does...one long, 2 short = coolant temp sensor....and no mention of 2 long and 2 short.

Apparently owners of 2017 KTMs are not worthy of knowing what the blink codes mean.

SOLVED

So, I rang two main KTM dealers here in the UK. Neither had any idea what I was talking about. Two long, two short doesn’t exist apparently.....

So, as a last resort before I sent it to a dealer to investigate, I thought I’d have one last go at internet self diagnosis.

I thought I’d check the Husky version to see if they had any fault codes that resembled mine - the FE250 - nope. Then the KTM SXF250 - nope. Last clutch at straws, the Husky FC250. And blow me down, that has a two long and two short blink code - gear position sensor error.

After investigating, a stone had got down the back of my front sprocket and cut the wires to the gear position sensor. So I fixed the cable, no blink code, problem solved.

Why the only bike that shows this code is the MX 250 Husky when all 4 bikes have this sensor is beyond me. It’s also beyond me as why two separate KTM dealers had no idea what I was talking about. It’s a bit poor in my opinion.

Anyway, all good now!! Thanks to those who tried to help.

• Like 1

The blink codes used to be in the owners manual, I guess the new bikes moved them to the service manual.  So your saying the Dealer actually looked in the service manual of your model, and its not there?

Humm

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Have same problem in my exc-f 450. I was scared that problem is with the temperature of coolant, because both radiators were very hot, even after 10 minutes of ride. Thankfully I found that topic with solved problem. Do You think that I need to buy new sensor or try to fix old one? Since I dont have new oil Im not even open the cap of sensor and oil pump.