4CS Ohlins TTX Conversion losing fork oil

Recently converted the KTM 4CS to Ohlins TTX

After a few rides we're having a problem with the threaded connections at the fork lugs, damper rods, and lug O rings, loosening which causes the fork fluid to drain from the legs

I tried Blue locktight and It feels like all the connections are tight enough that they shouldn't loosen but I'm obviously missing something

Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks in advance

Who made the adaptors? I think you have mentioned the problem, they will leak if the adaptor doesn't do up tight enough to compress the oring - assuming the oring was installed....

2 hours ago, bowser said:

Who made the adaptors? I think you have mentioned the problem, they will leak if the adaptor doesn't do up tight enough to compress the oring - assuming the oring was installed....

The adapters were included in the Ohlins FGKT1794 TTX kit. Its factory Ohlins.

The lower lugs have to be removed to install the adapters as you know.

And I would have preferred to replace the large O ring between the tube and the lower lug but its not listed in the KTM parts fiche.

Also I have no good way to tighten the tube into the lug other than to run a bar through the two holes at the top but that seems like it could distort the tube since the holes are not perpendicular to each other. Maybe I should be using red loc tite on everything. But any other fork I've worked on has never had problems with anything loosening without any loc tite.

I would have replaced the oring and used blue lockite. If the threads weren't damaged then you should be able to do the tubes up tight enough via the top holes. They really aren't that tight from factory but they use a heap of locktite on them.

Hate to say it but think your best option is to strip them and replace that oring

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bowser said:

I would have replaced the oring and used blue lockite. If the threads weren't damaged then you should be able to do the tubes up tight enough via the top holes. They really aren't that tight from factory but they use a heap of locktite on them.

Hate to say it but think your best option is to strip them and replace that oring

I don't mind stripping them down again and maybe loading up on the loctite. The factory amount was much more more than I used.  I was only using a small amount

I just converted the N/m measurements to Ft/lb and realize I am not tightening nearly enough

147 ft lbs for the fork tubes

35 ft lbs base plugs

13 ft lbs damper rods

Do you know where I can source the O ring?

no idea, any generic oring supplier in your area should be able to source them if you give them the measurements