Bought a "new to me" bike...how did I do?

Well....I finally got a bike!!!  I've been searching and searching the last few weeks.....and I finally found a super clean bike for a very good price.  I had to drive a few hours to pick it up, but it was well worth it. I ended up picking up this 04' RM250 for $2,000.  It's got a fresh top end on the motor, a FMF Gnarly pipe, new tires, new brakes, a fresh ProAction suspension set up for the previous owner who happens to weight what I do.  After I got it home I started going over it top to bottom......this thing is cleaner than most of the 2-3 year old bikes I looked at, and it's 13 years old!!  Can't wait to get out and put some miles on it!!!  

WP_20170320_20_42_01_Pro%202_zps4xjoo7dm

WP_20170320_20_42_15_Pro%202_zpsp2rizgei

WP_20170320_20_42_29_Pro_zpsbipqxmcp.jpg

WP_20170320_20_42_38_Pro_zpsfhpztipw.jpg

• Like 5

That was mt first 2 stroke. I miss that thing every time i ride , its the best handling bike you're gonna find. Mine was reliable too. Never once did i worry about it.

Wanna trade for an 06 rmz 450?? Just kidding.I'd say thats veryworth it, very well kept after, I'd be proud to ride it. Great find!

im jealous....lol

Edited by RawbW
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IQRaceworks said:

Well....I finally got a bike!!!  I've been searching and searching the last few weeks.....and I finally found a super clean bike for a very good price.  I had to drive a few hours to pick it up, but it was well worth it. I ended up picking up this 04' RM250 for $2,000.  It's got a fresh top end on the motor, a FMF Gnarly pipe, new tires, new brakes, a fresh ProAction suspension set up for the previous owner who happens to weight what I do.  After I got it home I started going over it top to bottom......this thing is cleaner than most of the 2-3 year old bikes I looked at, and it's 13 years old!!  Can't wait to get out and put some miles on it!!!  

You stole it, good grab! That thing is super clean! 

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

If you haven't already, get your self a few cold ones and pull the linkage , swingarm and steering bearings out and regrease them. Afterwards sit back and bask in the awesomeness of your new bike.

When I picked it up from the guy, he told me that over the winter he went through the whole rear of the bike putting in new wheel bearings and swing arm/linkage bearings. I'll probably check everything out in a few months after I put some miles on the bike, but right now I think I'm good to go. 

I like looking at it and thinking he seldom if ever used a power washer on it (the little corners etc on the cylinder are holding the evidence).  It is clean,  but has not had abusive cleaning for sure.   Nice find and nice price too.  

updating the front end plastics to the 16 RMZ front fender and number plate help monderize the book a bit. drill 2 holes, and then its a direct bolt on. 

Edited by peyton mcadams

24 minutes ago, IQRaceworks said:

Will a 16' front fender and number plate go on without any cutting/fitting?

just drilling out new rear holes on the fender to match the mounting of the RM, then its a direct bolt on. took me all of 5 minutes to do on my 01 RM 250

I was looking at the plastics on the 16's.....and the front fender doesn't really look much different from the one that's on the bike right now..I'm assuming it's an 04' plastic. 

ahh, my Rm is decked out white, blue, and black. The 16' front fender in white makes the bike look worlds different. currently researching how to fit the size number plates from a 16 onto my 01. 

Here are a few more pictures of the bike after I got the new bark busters on it, and cleaned it up a little.  

WP_20170326_14_48_34_Pro%202_zpss0qlej3n

WP_20170326_14_48_48_Pro%202_zpsqm6pgqjs