Relocate ignition switch?

So my KLX had bigger diameter bars and a heavier triple tree when I got it and the ignition switch holder bracket was ziptied to the bars. The holes on the clamps are further apart than the holes in the bracket and also the bolt heads are recessed so it couldn’t be bolted back in the stock location. I just installed a trailtech computer and I’d like to do something with the ignition switch. Any good ideas out there? Thanks.

You can put it on the triple clamp. If you remove the rubber boot, and reassemble the switch facing the opposite way in the bracket, you can relocate it to the triple. Might have to cut some of the bracket off though. I don't like crap on my bars if I can help it.

imageproxy.jpg

• Like 3

If you do a search there is a large thread on this with lots of pictures. Most do like above, but there were some creative locations tried by others.

On 3/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, HansLanda said:

You can put it on the triple clamp. If you remove the rubber boot, and reassemble the switch facing the opposite way in the bracket, you can relocate it to the triple. Might have to cut some of the bracket off though. I don't like crap on my bars if I can help it.

imageproxy.jpg

Toyed with several locations myself, but ultimately chose the same location and have been very happy ever since.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve been focused on other projects but I’m back on the bike today, raining out.

Thanks for the suggestions and pics. I decided that the fork mount wasn't going to work for me, first pic, key sticks out into danger zone too much, so I came up with this. 

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5917.JPG