CRF230F rear brake actuation arm on a 150F? Upgrade?

Hey All! So y'all probably know that I put 150F front and rear ends on a 230F in my "150F/230F Homologation Project" bike thread. I race the machine in the local mini bike races here in Ohio. I could've called it done right there, but my bikes are ongoing projects. This year I'm looking to do black rims just for bling, switching back to the 230F dog bone link to adjust the rear ride height-- should make it perfect, and now I'm wondering if running the 230F rear brake actuation arm would be an upgrade to the braking action on the 150F. The added power of the 230F engine seems to find the limits of the rear drum more quickly than with the 150F engine.... Lol!!

The 230F part is slightly longer than the 150F piece. I'm thinking the added leverage would increase the stopping power? Anybody try this? The only drawback may be longer throw? Input?  --L*64 

Yes longer is better.
Longer = more leverage
More leverage = more power with less effort applied to engage shoes to drum.

On my long list of thing to do to my 230F, I plan to do just the opposite, make the rear brake less powerful but engage more quickly, with less movement of the foot lever. 

Contrary to popular opinion, I find the rear drum brake to be more than adequate when I rarely use it, primarily in extended down hill descents.  The line between providing braking and locking up is too difficult to modulate so my mod would be to improve this action, works more quickly but with less power so as to not lock up.

This type of rear brake action is quite common on street sportbikes, tiny caliper and rotor which is difficult to lock up.  The lack of power helps prevent the much more likely and certainly more deadly rear wheel lock up which can end in disaster. 

Have to Agree with you my one  rear disk brake Crf230/against my other drum brake 230. Same the drum will skid the rear tire with no effort. That exact drum brake on the 230 is same one on older Xr600s. On the 600s they where weak,but work great on the 230s. 

• Like 1