Prison Break Sprint Enduro Globe AZ Mar 25th 2017

Our club "the Rockstars" is hosting round 9 of the AMRA series. This will be a really fun event as we have worked hard for months to put together a race course that features natural terain single track (however we have cleared the rocks from most of the single track). Enduro cross obstacles that will be C friendly but still fun for advanced racers (they will probably jump some of the obstacles). A grass track is part of the course as well. We will also have a water truck at our disposal.
there will be several good spectacting areas as portions of the course are within a horse racing track with grandstands.
AMA membership is required however AMRA membership is only needed if you are contesting the series for year end points. I will be the tech inspector for the event
hope to see you there,
John Farrell

image.png

Our club "the Rockstars" is hosting round 9 of the AMRA series. This will be a really fun event as we have worked hard for months.

Thanks John to you and your club. Lots of work no doubt and in case I have too much fun and forget I wanted to thank you now ahead of time.

I'll be rolling in Fri afternoon with my camper. Will do Tech Friday night. Think I read sparkys and sound test. My bike is around 88db with sparky at 4,450 RPM's. Quiet.

Generators ok 6am to 10pm I'm assuming?

Sounds like it's two separate 5-mile test sections per loop. Then repeat for subsequent loops. Assuming a Sprint Enduro is like the Restart Enduro used at San Manuel the last race. This is my first year, only third race of season. In 50+ C. Plan is to do all rounds next season.

Thanks again and looking forward to it.

I'll be there to finish up the season and hopefully keep my 3rd place in the standings. Looks like we'll have some good competition in the C 50+ class for this race. Watch out for that Oldfuddy, he may be old but he's fast. Hey WildcatRider, first year racing or first year in AMRA?

John, thanks to you and the Rockstars for putting on the race ?, I know how much work they are.

Edited by tmac450x

I'll be there to finish up the season and hopefully keep my 3rd place in the standings. Looks like we'll have some good competition in the C 50+ class for this race. Watch out for that Oldfuddy, he may be old but he's fast. Hey WildcatRider, first year racing or first year in AMRA?
John, thanks to you and the Rockstars for putting on the race ?, I know how much work they are.

Hey tmac450x, first year with AMRA. I had not been on a bike for 30+ years until last year. Loving it.
  • Like 1

Hey Wildcat, don't let tmac fool ya..... he's 3rd in points (podium) for a reason. I had a great race at MCMP for my first race, but MCMP is a few miles from my house and I've been riding it for a decade so that's basically cheating. I almost DNF'd at San Manuel after the 2nd test and at the last second decided to get my suck on and do the 3rd test. Looking forward to Globe. See you guys there. I'll be in a Torque toy hauler in the camping area. Stop by if you get a chance. Cheers.

You're too kind, I'm only 3rd because I've raced the whole series ? There are good riders in the novice old guys group. I'll look for you in the camp area, you'll see my roof top tent.

WildcatRacer stop by and say hi, I'll be with the TRS (Trail riders of Southern Arizona) crew.

I'll be there battling with my buddy Mike for 7th place in 40B.  I have him by one point after he drops a race (I missed round 1).  I told him I was going to take him out because he is faster than me he just had issues with his bike in a few races.  I'll be with the XMC crew.  Thanks John and all the Rockstars.  I'm looking forward to what sounds like a great format with new sections and obstacles.  I have big off season plans to better prepare me for a run at this class next year.  Super competitive class.

1 hour ago, tmac450x said:

You're too kind, I'm only 3rd because I've raced the whole series ? There are good riders in the novice old guys group. I'll look for you in the camp area, you'll see my roof top tent.

WildcatRacer stop by and say hi, I'll be with the TRS (Trail riders of Southern Arizona) crew.

My good buddy is second in your class.  His first ever season racing.  His progression has been pretty amazing.

Great race yesterday. I had a 2mph get-off in the middle of the 2nd test that ended up a DNF for the day with a bad shoulder. Was a bummer as the two test sections in the loop were a blast.... glad they decided to route folks around the two water crossings on the horse track.... some folks got messed up on those. The rest of the course I thought was awesome. Bike was dialed in perfect too. Congrats on what should be a podium finish year tmac. See ya next season. [emoji106]

• Like 2

It was a rough one for me, the rocks, my 450x, and never seem to agree. Too bad for your shoulder, you would have finished well. Between you and Brain next season I'm a little worried.

PM me your email address and I'll email you a couple pics I took of you leaving the 1st stage on the last loop. Or phone number and I'll text them.

It took me half of the race to get in the groove.  I had to adjust my mental outlook.  I was not enjoying the tight course with all the turns.  Once I got over it I did better but that killed my overall results.  I hope we get 10 races next season.  I plan to get serious this off season and get in shape.  Also looking to get back on a four stroke.  The 300 is easy to ride but I know I'm faster on a 450.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4Sevens said:

It took me half of the race to get in the groove.  I had to adjust my mental outlook.  I was not enjoying the tight course with all the turns.  Once I got over it I did better but that killed my overall results.  I hope we get 10 races next season.  I plan to get serious this off season and get in shape.  Also looking to get back on a four stroke.  The 300 is easy to ride but I know I'm faster on a 450.

I'm giving up the 450 next season. I picked up a 2105 WR250f recently and I'm faster on it. It would have been good at Globe but it wasn't set up to go. I think I need to pick up my fitness a bit, more cardio and endurance stuff.

14 hours ago, tmac450x said:

I'm giving up the 450 next season. I picked up a 2105 WR250f recently and I'm faster on it. It would have been good at Globe but it wasn't set up to go. I think I need to pick up my fitness a bit, more cardio and endurance stuff.

Congrats on your 3rd for the season...consistency pays off. Your going to be even harder to beat next year on the 250.

• Like 1