Jump to content

Headlight Help for YZ with Hodgkins stator

Recommended Posts

Now that we have confirmation that Hodgkins is moving forward with that stator, I need some advice.

I have a standard polisport headlight with a 35w bulb and trailtech regulator.

What options do I have for upgrading the bulb to something I could use trail riding?  Will my headlight fit H4 type of bulb like the Cyclops?

 

I really like the Polisport Lookos headlight but it doesn't seem the bulb is upgradable. (Non solar panel one)

Is there an option to run the Lookos and upgrade the LED?  The LED's only push 800 lumens combined.

https://www.polisport.com/en/off-road/products/headlights/lookos/?id=84&pid=182

 

 

Edited by em-efer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, there are some cheap Chinese LED bulbs that fit the poli with minimal modifications. Truth be told, if I had the money, I would do what Chevy did with the War mask, and TT headlight. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chevy_97 said:

You say that we have confirmation that Hodgkins is moving forward with the stators, so does that mean you received a PM from him recently? I haven't heard anything for a while. 

Me either. So, I'll sit and wait. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chevy_97 said:

You say that we have confirmation that Hodgkins is moving forward with the stators, so does that mean you received a PM from him recently? I haven't heard anything for a while. 

Hey Chevy-

Yes, just posted what I receive from Steve above.

Going to your setup-  You have a WR mask and baja designs bulb? 

How's it on the trail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had it in the woods yet with that setup... It looks awesome though, and keeps that "factory" look IMO. It should be plenty bright enough at 5,000 lumens. I'll try to take some pictures of how bright it is soon... I'm still considering a nice battery powered helmet light, just because it will be nice to have a light that is always pointed in the direction you are looking. I'm worried that using only a head light wont be enough when climbing hills, as it will probably be pointed up in the trees. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chevy_97 said:

I haven't had it in the woods yet with that setup... It looks awesome though, and keeps that "factory" look IMO. It should be plenty bright enough at 5,000 lumens. I'll try to take some pictures of how bright it is soon... I'm still considering a nice battery powered helmet light, just because it will be nice to have a light that is always pointed in the direction you are looking. I'm worried that using only a head light wont be enough when climbing hills, as it will probably be pointed up in the trees. 

Can you link me to what you purchased at Baja Designs?

I'm also going to use a helmet light as you mentioned from RMATV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HollywoodMX said:

Excuse my ignorance as I am out of touch. I googled hodgkins stator and got nothing.

It's a special club... You can't Google access...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Monk said:

It's a special club... You can't Google access...

I guess I know who the trolls are.

Edited by HollywoodMX
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HollywoodMX said:

Excuse my ignorance as I am out of touch. I googled hodgkins stator and got nothing.

Here you go, Hollywood...

:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HollywoodMX said:

Excuse my ignorance as I am out of touch. I googled hodgkins stator and got nothing.

Hodgkins is a member on the forum.

He built external lighting coil for YZ bikes.

It was a limit production.

They're ~$500.

They're similar to an e-line clone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CaptDan said:

Here you go, Hollywood...

:thumbsup:

Thanks Dan. Monk obviously doesn't know who I am. It's has been a while since I have been on the forums. Roland still around?

5 hours ago, em-efer said:

Hodgkins is a member on the forum.

He built external lighting coil for YZ bikes.

It was a limit production.

They're ~$500.

They're similar to an e-line clone.

500!! Ya I'll keep running battery based led's for 60 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×