Led headlight conversion kits

I recently had a rock shatter by headlight glass cover over the weekend in Moab and the OEM is over $50. I was looking online and saw some LED conversion plug n play conversion kits. Has anyone had any luck with any of these or should i stay away? Of course i will put a screen on the headlight now......Thanks for the input.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.Xxr650l+headlight.TRS0&_nkw=xr650l+headlight&_sacat=0

This is what I put in recently myself. They've got a better aim than just putting an LED bulb in the stock housing. I tried it with low beam on top like in the pictures and then switched to low beam on the bottom. It works better. I had to file the corners on the back a little to get it to fit better and drilled 4 small holes in the corner tabs on the back and the stock headlight frame to tie wire it in place. There's nothing to hold it in place otherwise.  I also had to swap the 3 pins in the plug to get them in the correct positions to match the stock plug. It was all VERY simple. You'll just need a volt meter to figure out the plug if it doesn't light up when you plug it in. My first thought was that I got a bad one , but I had gotten a pair and nether lit. Just ask here if you need any help.

• Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, JoeRC51 said:

This is what I put in recently myself. They've got a better aim than just putting an LED bulb in the stock housing. I tried it with low beam on top like in the pictures and then switched to low beam on the bottom. It works better. I had to file the corners on the back a little to get it to fit better and drilled 4 small holes in the corner tabs on the back and the stock headlight frame to tie wire it in place. There's nothing to hold it in place otherwise.  I also had to swap the 3 pins in the plug to get them in the correct positions to match the stock plug. It was all VERY simple. You'll just need a volt meter to figure out the plug if it doesn't light up when you plug it in. My first thought was that I got a bad one , but I had gotten a pair and nether lit. Just ask here if you need any help.

Did you mean to put pictures up? It would be nice to see what you are talking about. Im not sure which conversions to pick from on the link i posted on ebay.