Cant figure out what's wrong can anyone help with this

Ok so I picked my 08 kx250f up from the dealership and I rode it around the neighborhood a bit and the. When I stopped at a stop sign it stalled and wouldn't start unless I had the choke on and now it will only idle on choke. It has good compression and it drives good.

What did the dealer do to it? Sounds like it needs the carb cleaned. Obviously it is an air issue (runs with choke on). ..maybe the tech left a rag in your air box or something lol.

Ok

What did the dealer do to it? Sounds like it needs the carb cleaned. Obviously it is an air issue (runs with choke on). ..maybe the tech left a rag in your air box or something lol.

He did a oil change

I'll sound like an ass....but dude, change your oil yourself. You can get oil, oil pan, and oil filter for under $20. It takes 5 minutes tops. Sorry but that's ridiculous lol

Ah, yea I've had to do that as well on my own bikes. You're slightly forgiven lol. If you have a drill you can usually re-thread it yourself, just look it up on YouTube! Some guys leave oil in, re-thread the hole, and replace oil. But I understand if you have never done it, and aren't sure about a lot of things, have the shop do it.

You know it is not dirty air filter or rag in the air box if it runs with the choke on.  It is starved for fuel, the other two things would starve it for air. Sounds like you got a spec of dirt stuck in your pilot jet to me.  Look in the bottom of your fuel can.  Any dirt or rust specs in there?

• Like 1