Looking for shop to setup suspension in NH

I recently purchased a '13 s model and am looking for a shop to go through the suspension to get it set up for me.  I am 200lbs so the stock springs are a little light, and I'd also like to lower the suspension without links depending on the cost.  I called Factory Connection in Barrington, NH but they said that they do not service the 400s.  I emailed Race Tech and could install one of their shock springs myself, but I'd still like someone to set the sag and compression/dampening rates correctly.

Does anyone know of a shop in NH that does this kind of work.  Freedom Cycle in Concord is the largest shop around me but I don't know if they do this kind of work.

Thanks -

Most any shop can install springs for you, setting the rear sag and dialing in your clickers afterwards is something you can/should do

Although you most likely dont want to ship your forks and shock, Traxxion Dynamics here in Woodstock Ga actually does the work on the DRZ's and mostly mail order meaning you send in your stuff. Mine is set to go in the shop in 2 weeks. The shop manager is an ex-racer who states he doesnt need the bike to set sag or anything else, just the components as he claims he's done so many he just needs your weight, riding style and skill level. Great reviews, I just happened to find them when I was searching for someone in GA to do the same to my bike. Best part is they are one exit away from my home. Good Luck

Your sag is set to give you 4inches of movement downward when you sit on the bike, and that number will change as the chain is tightened and wheelbase grows greater... I'd learn to do it yourself

Thanks for the replies.  I have every intention of learning to do it myself but I would rather have someone show me the right way before I take 10 steps backwards with it.

I ended up reaching out to Motoworx in Hatfield, MA after finding them on the Racetech website.  They have been great.  Ordered new springs for me and are going to walk me through the adjustment process when the springs come in.

• Like 1

Springs just came in.  I have to leave it off for a few days and will post back with specs, cost, etc.

On 3/21/2017 at 2:24 PM, MichaelL said:

I recently purchased a '13 s model and am looking for a shop to go through the suspension to get it set up for me.  I am 200lbs so the stock springs are a little light, and I'd also like to lower the suspension without links depending on the cost.  I called Factory Connection in Barrington, NH but they said that they do not service the 400s.  I emailed Race Tech and could install one of their shock springs myself, but I'd still like someone to set the sag and compression/dampening rates correctly.

Does anyone know of a shop in NH that does this kind of work.  Freedom Cycle in Concord is the largest shop around me but I don't know if they do this kind of work.

Thanks -

Factory Connection services my whole suspension without any issues but I never requested "lowering".I merely remove the forks and shock and drive down there to drop them off during business hours and they take it from there.

I'm a conformist I guess and for as long as I've owned motorcycles as long as I can get just one toe to reach the ground a tiny bit,I'm good to go.