WR250 v YZ250X flywheel

So I've just bought probably the last new 2016 WR250 in the UK......it is based on the YZ250X, my question regards to the flywheel, I know he WR has a lighting coil and guess the YZ250X doesn't. I want fit the GYTR flywheel weight part number GYT-5NX97-50-50, does anyone know if this will fit please? cheers then........

Edited by scoobydoo

Did you ride it yet?

The lighting coil set up also adds some flywheel weight on most bikes.

No, not yet, pick it up Friday, but have twisted the dealers arm to do me a deal on the heavier flywheel......have one on my old 98 WR and it makes a huge difference 

• Like 1

It should fit. The aftermarket has been making lighting stators for the YZ for many years. Using the stock or heavy flywheel doesn't make a difference as far as fit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

2 stroke mate, it is based on the YZ250X 

IMG_0712.JPG

Welcome to the party - enjoy your new bike! Riding mine with an additional flywheel weight, seems to work great. Pulls nice, smooth and powerful. 

IMG_20170311_130637059.jpg

Edited by yo_eddie

You need to run a yz stator with it mate. The shitty stator they supply with that bike is aftermarket as such, made by the company (MOTOSPA), that made the wr's road legal for Yamaha Europe. The flywheel on that weighs exactly the same as a std yx mx one!  Such a stupid idea. It needs some weight on there.   The GYTR  one is a good choice.  Drop me a message if you want, i'll pass you my mobile number and you can call me if you like , I had a WR and sold it. 

• Like 2

By the way , not a bad bike...  Those stators are known to blow.. not good. Most people who I know have had one have had at least one or two stators go and replaced on warranty.

Real smooth bike , but the suspension valving is a tad stiff  for UK Conditions. I put a long tail pipe, yz stator and gytr flywheel on mine and it was pretty sweet!   

I sold it and bought a cheaper yz . Put on the long tail pipe, revalved the suspension , gytr flwheel , yz x powervalve spring and clutch springs. 

• Like 2

On 22/03/2017 at 7:01 AM, yo_eddie said:

Welcome to the party - enjoy your new bike! Riding mine with an additional flywheel weight, seems to work great. Pulls nice, smooth and powerful. 

IMG_20170311_130637059.jpg

Are you running the stock flywheel with weight added? Or a YZ stator/heavy flywheel?

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Are you running the stock flywheel with weight added? Or a YZ stator/heavy flywheel?

Stock flywheel with added weight. Guess about 300g. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2017 at 7:01 AM, yo_eddie said:

Who added the weight? Did you get the flywheel modded, or is it a new flywheel?

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Well, I bought this bike slightly used, the previous owner put in on. Did not have a look yet.