Roczen's latest Interview with RacerX

49 minutes ago, phantom451 said:

Poor kid went and got engaged. Things must be really bad. Or she gives good head...

Some of you must've had a really hard life to get so senile LOL 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Some of you must've had a really hard life to get so senile LOL 

Some people need their arm ripped off to get engaged.

• Like 7

Some people need their arm ripped off to get engaged.

Usually, people chew theirs off to get away.
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, markit said:

Be nice to see him and et fight it out next season.

Not gonna happen. Roczen's days of being a dominant mx racer is over. This may sound mean but it's the truth.

• Like 4

Anybody else pick up on the fact that Dungey called him? I'm starting to change my mind with regard to Dunge's head not being in the right place because of KR's injury.

Gotta admire his want to do what is necessary to get healed up and rehab so he can get back to racing. It is a big injury and he admits it but sounds totally committed to getting back to the top of his game! 

38 minutes ago, BBA said:

Not gonna happen. Roczen's days of being a dominant mx racer is over. This may sound mean but it's the truth.

No its way to early to say that. He isnt scared and has the right attitude to get back after recovering from this.

Dont bet against him unless you dont mind losing!

I agree. Already 10 surgeries and more to come . On the up side it was his clutch arm he damaged and he will at least still have optimum throttle/brake control. But I don't think he will ever be the same either.

I wish him well.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, katoom64 said:

Anybody else pick up on the fact that Dungey called him? I'm starting to change my mind with regard to Dunge's head not being in the right place because of KR's injury.

Just shows how upstanding someone like Dungey is.

I have no doubt most all of the riders feel the same way though.     This sort of injury, especially if it is someone you are "close" to in your game, will mess with you though.  I still would not be surprised, or disappointed if Dungey said this did give him some second thoughts.

I wish that question would be asked properly at a press conference!

• Like 7

The best thing about it is what Indy said. You don't need a clutch hand to go fast. You need both to be as fast as him though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BBA said:

Didn't you also say that Tomac didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of catching Dungey?

I don't think I ever saw a racer that wanted to win as badly as Rick Johnson.   I am sure I never met one that was as tough.   This won't be easy and there is NO way to gauge how someone is going to be 6 months into rehab and 6 races back in competition by what they say at this point in an interview.   The most positive thing is that it wasn't an injury that could have crippled him.  

4 hours ago, BBA said:

My wife was actually watching the race with me during the interview.   I told her what happened, and she was telling me no way will he ever be the same.   SHe was thinking he might get 80% of the arm.      She works as a nurse, and has seen a lot of things, and heard a lot of things from the doctors.    

Hopefully, she's wrong, but when she heard the cadaver tissue being used - that usually right there means there will be lasting issues.    
Again, hopefully not!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DethWshBkr_ said:

My wife was actually watching the race with me during the interview.   I told her what happened, and she was telling me no way will he ever be the same.   SHe was thinking he might get 80% of the arm.      She works as a nurse, and has seen a lot of things, and heard a lot of things from the doctors.    

Hopefully, she's wrong, but when she heard the cadaver tissue being used - that usually right there means there will be lasting issues.    
Again, hopefully not!

I understand what you're saying here, but how many multi-millionaire elite athletes does your wife see?  Likely none.  Guys at the top of a sport like KR are just different types of people.  And they have resources average people don't.  These types of people are not normal, and the norm you'd see in a hospital doesn't really apply.  

That said, he won't ever be the same.  That arm was f'd up.  But that doesn't mean he can't get back to the top of the sport.  It means he might have do things differently to compensate for that arm.  And he seems like a guy that is willing to do whatever it takes.

I really hope he can come back.  He's a bad ass on dirtbike.

• Like 3