CS bushing/ spacer orientation

Had another general post but decided to drop a 2nd with the specific issue as I'm waiting for any advice before installing.

Was about to put my CS bushing back in and noticed the unit was flipped backwards in the manual over what I would expect based on o-ring location and it's original orientation when I removed it (but also found lots of seals backwards and other minor mistakes last time it was apart)

One photo shows the two scallops facing the sprocket side, other photo shows them hidden inside the seal on the engine side. Just don't want to torque it all down and have to rip it apart down the road. Thx!

20170321_201318.jpg

20170321_200621.jpg

20170321_201554.jpg

20170321_201615.jpg

Edited by RC_ichard

3 minutes ago, William1 said:

Picture is wrong. Scallops go in.

Two thumbs up, thanks for taking the time to reply and confirm.

It did not seem like it would seal well with it inverted since the o-ring is mounted off center, but with mother Suzuki showing different in the svc manual threw me for a loop.

Thx again!

Edited by RC_ichard
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RC_ichard said:

Two thumbs up, thanks for taking the time to reply and confirm.

It did not seem like it would seal well with it inverted since the o-ring is mounted off center, but with mother Suzuki showing different in the svc manual threw me for a loop.

Thx again!

Sadly, mistakes are common in manuals. So the first time something is disassembled, it pays to take a minute with each part, looking before and during removal to pick up on anomalies.

You were smart to not take anything for granted, notice the discrepancy and look for insight.

• Like 1

The notches are oil feed to the countershadft. Oil passes thru the notches, under the seal collar as far as the O ring, then into a hole in the C/S, down the hollow shaft and feeds the gear sets.  Obviously you do not want to install it backwards as it would starve the transmission for oil.