mx boots and water?

I have my sidi crossfire and they're great except they're not waterproof...

I ride a lot enduro S@#4t in mud, sand and water always coming back with wet feet,

are there any that good mx boots as crossfire but also waterproof?

6 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Gore tex socks are the answer!

does it work? didn't know gore tex socks exists :) 

thanks, will give a try.

So, they don't do mx boots waterproof at all?

Edited by motf

I spray my boots with water-proofing stuff, there's all different kinds available, I use a camping tent type though there are shoe specific ones

5 hours ago, Dmouse said:

I spray my boots with water-proofing stuff, there's all different kinds available, I use a camping tent type though there are shoe specific ones

mx boots have air inlets, spraying won't help.

I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 7 'Enduro' boots,

The soles are grippier versus the MX version (yet wears very quicky)

Comfy yes, good water resistance...no!

Not having any specialty socks I wore plastic bags over my socks during the last few rides of last season (muddy).

Drawback is it doesn't breathe and keeps the sweat inside but, still better than having muddy/sandy water soaked socks.

Edited by mlatour

I have the crossfires as well and although they are better than most, they do leak if going through puddles at a fast pace. I was thinking that if you duck tape the inner boot opening at the bottom where there's no Velcro that could help. I feel it's where the water is getting in, I'm going to try this next ride as I live the WA state where it always wet.

Just now, motf said:

mx boots have air inlets, spraying won't help.

A couple pair of boots I've owned definitely benefitted from using CampDry on them. Seams can leak, spraying won't hurt

On 3/21/2017 at 8:33 PM, motf said:

I have my sidi crossfire and they're great except they're not waterproof...

I ride a lot enduro S@#4t in mud, sand and water always coming back with wet feet,

are there any that good mx boots as crossfire but also waterproof?

Theres no way to seal up boots 100% water tight. Anything you do to keep water out will also keep water in once the water inevitably gets in. IMO a boot that drains well is better than a boot that trys to keep the water out. Its going to get in, I want it to get out just as fast. While I haven't tried the above mentioned socks, thats probably your best bet for keeping your feet dry-ish.

I have the same boots and while they aren't waterproof by any stretch of the imagination, they do keep out a small amount of water. I don't get water in the boot from puddles or creek crossing splash as long as my feet stay on the pegs. I only get water infiltration if I put my foot down in water for more than a quick dab. My feet also sweat like crazy so they're wet anyways. Water in the colder months is only a temp change for a few min until my feet start to overheat again. In the summer the water is a welcomed relief. 

• Like 2

I have the crossfires as well and although they are better than most, they do leak if going through puddles at a fast pace. I was thinking that if you duck tape the inner boot opening at the bottom where there's no Velcro that could help. I feel it's where the water is getting in, I'm going to try this next ride as I live the WA state where it always wet.

Your body will adapt and grow webbed feet then. Native Washingtonians are made this way.
  • Like 2

Still sucks to be wet on the inside. Wet on the outside is a way of life.

1 hour ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

There are no boots that are water PROOF. Some hold water out longer than others, but losing cause overall.

Joe

Actually a buddy of mine uses a Sidi model that has a Gore-Tex liner in it and he can wade in water and not get wet feet.

Just now, Westcoasting said:

Actually a buddy of mine uses a Sidi model that has a Gore-Tex liner in it and he can wade in water and not get wet feet.

Those aren't dirt bike boots.

Joe

• Like 1