Quick question about linkage bearing removal

Hello everyone, trying to replace the bearings in my linkage and am catching hell with them. Everything I've watched and read say that all of them just press straight out, I just want to make sure that is correct for the 13 yz125 and I'm not just pushing them together. I've been beating and trying to press with sockets in a vice for a while now and can't get them to budge. Going to try heat next, but for peace of mind I just wanted to confirm that they do indeed go all the way through. Thanks in advance!

Not sure on the yamaha but the pull rod (U shaped linkage) may have to come out from each end.

The linkage may have a shoulder for those bearings.

If you heat with the map gas, they should be able to be pounded out with a punch.

Meaning drive them out the direction they went in.

1 hour ago, KPRacing said:

Not sure on the yamaha but the pull rod (U shaped linkage) may have to come out from each end.

The linkage may have a shoulder for those bearings.

If you heat with the map gas, they should be able to be pounded out with a punch.

Meaning drive them out the direction they went in.

I just went through this with my 2009 husky. The linkage bearings had to be "pulled" out. They didn't not want to come out. If you lose the rollers you may need to cut them out. Be careful and good luck

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

• Like 2

I had a stubborn bearing to remove so I cut the edge of the bearing with a dremel and then inserted a punch under the bearing against the linkage and bent it in. I took it out fairly easily after that. Careful not to mess up the face of the linkage.

21 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

Heat would not free my bearings.  They had to be cut and chiseled in some instances. 

Them damn Italians can be like that. I think the tolerance is so damn tight, sometimes you need some swear words (in Italian of course) just for extra effect. ?

2 minutes ago, Gary YZDOC said:

Them damn Italians can be like that. I think the tolerance is so damn tight, sometimes you need some swear words (in Italian of course) just for extra effect. ?

There was a lot of swearing, head scratching, time outs and alcohol in rebuilding that husky rear end. The best part the most stubborn bearings had grease fittings. ? 

I will never buy a used bike again. 

• Like 1