North Carolina?

So my family is planning on leaving the hustle and bustle of NYC and moving to North Carolina. I have a feeling I will miss them and follow. Just wondering what the enduro scene is like down there. Where to ride, type or riding, public land, need a plated bike etc. Right now I'm riding typical Northeast tight single track. Racing Enduros and Harescrambles with ECEA. Any info would help. Thanks

Don't need a plate. 

Charlotte area is where you want to be for riding.

Ride at Uwharrie (public), Brushy Mountain, Brown Mountain

Race Mid East or NCHSA (North Carolina harescramble association)

bonus: CVOTC (Carolina-Virginia observed trials club)

Two Hare scramble circuits, I can't recall the name for you to google. Dirtbikes are popular. We have Brushy Mountain, great single track. Carolina adventure world has single track and ATv trails to ride. We got local suspension shops, I expect you would be pleased but that's all relative. Google Brushy Mountain

There's also the GNCC Big Buck and Steel Creek if ya fancy such..... But Brushy and Brown are my favored along with Enoree down in SC.

It's been years but still believe Setra still has an enduro / Harescramble series and then there is the Sumpter Enduro..... sells out rite quick though 

Edited by Pez Rojo

Hickory NC is the hub for dirt biking! Brown Mt 25 miles Brushy Mt 25 miles plus all the harescrambles you can take with in 50 miles of Hickory NC. Mideast Harescramble Assoc. NCHSA. Go for it!