My first XR250R

Ok I know this is going to sound silly, So please be nice. I just bought a 2003 XR250R a month ago and put around 200 bucks into, ( Tires, Skid plate, Chain and Sprockets, Filters and oil etc...) But anyway, I weigh 235lbs and the motorcycle is a blast to ride. I can do wheelies in 1st and 2nd with no problems. As far as 3rd I have to roll on the throttle and get speed then the wheel starts to rise. So my question is do you guys think there is a 280 bbk in it? The previous owner's wife didn't know anything about the bike. I am so curious to check it out and tear into it and mic everything  but then again riding season just started. Bike doesn't smoke and starts easy. I jetted it perfect.......By looking at the timing caps looks like someone been into it. The main jet was  also bumped up to a 135.

That is a bit of a silly question and I don't believe your question can be answered with just the information you posted.  Sounds like your bike is running good, just ride it and enjoy it and someday when you have to do some motor work your question can be answered.

• Like 1

Duh! Of course it is. Just wanted an opinion.:facepalm: ....Nevermind I will check next winter

On 3/23/2017 at 3:07 AM, PGH_STEEL said:

Duh! Of course it is. Just wanted an opinion.:facepalm: ....Nevermind I will check next winter

Actually I think it's very cool that you're that excited about your new bike!  Ride it and enjoy!

6 hours ago, MEANDMYDRZ said:

Actually I think it's very cool that you're that excited about your new bike!  Ride it and enjoy!

Thank you buddy. I had a lot of bikes , DRZ 400s, Crf  230, etc. This thing is a blast to ride. Cant wait to take it to Hatfield McCoys.