I have a chance to pick up a GPR V1 for my ktm and before I drop the money on it does anyone have advise? I'm looking for the good and the bad. I'll be racing harescrambles again this year and and looking to see if there is a real advantage to having one on. It's also a top mount. Thanks guys

It will be fine.  Don't be attracted to 50 settings and three knobs.  Most people install it and forget it.  The only time I adjust mine is when I am maneuvering it around the garage.  Send it in once a year before race season to get freshened up, if you are hitting every race.  I have one on a 650r that I just sent in for the free rebuild after a few years and many hours.  

If someone is dicking with their stabilizer during a race, they are not racing.   

I am actually looking for another v1 as we speak.  

Edited by crypto666

It will be fine.  Don't be attracted to 50 settings and three knobs.  Most people install it and forget it.  The only time I adjust mine is when I am maneuvering it around the garage.  Send it in once a year before race season to get freshened up, if you are hitting every race.  I have one on a 650r that I just sent in for the free rebuild after a few years and many hours.  

If someone is dicking with their stabilizer during a race, they are not racing.   

I am actually looking for another v1 as we speak.  

Thanks for the info Crypto. The GPR looks like a simple damper with just the single knob. Just wondering if it's difficult to turn when I'm slow technicial stuff that could tire me out or is it pretty 'light' when turned down to 1 setting?

14 hours ago, Sir falls alot said:

Thanks for the info Crypto. The GPR looks like a simple damper with just the single knob. Just wondering if it's difficult to turn when I'm slow technicial stuff that could tire me out or is it pretty 'light' when turned down to 1 setting?

You can retrofit a used one if it has a smooth knob or requested a serrated knob that is super grippy.  I have noticed that they can start out somewhat stiff when new, but they work in.  I was worried about adjustment going in to technical stuff too, but I have found the only time I adjust it is when I transition between pavement and dirt; it works real nice cranked up on the street and allows you to do other things with your hands while riding. Or I might adjust it while moving the bike around the garage.