Aftermarket ECU's GET power ECU are they worth it?

Hey everyone! 

I find that when people are trying to make their bike better, not as many people turn to aftermarket ECU tuners. I found one and it looks like it does quite a few things for the bike. Does anybody have experiece with them and can tell me what you think of them? i was thinking about buying the KTM user tool but after looking at these ECUS i feel these would be better as most of them come with blue tooth so i can use my i pad to tune my bike for say one day woods riding, or the other mx riding. The GET power ECU says i can modify the TPS setting wirelessly as well as tune it for any after market exhaust i get. ALso comes along with 10 engine modes. 

What do you guys think? waste of money or a nice little upgrade to an alrighty great bike

Bike 16 450SX-F 

Thanks guys! 

also, if you guys know of any better ones then this GET Power ECU let me know! 

GET-POWER-ECU-A.jpg

I have the get on my 17 , the std ignition cannot be easily tweaked like the 16 could, it works well imo

Just now, mog said:

I have the get on my 17 , the std ignition vacant be easily tweaked like the 16 could, it works well imo

That's great, i really like the way i can use WI-FI with it too, So can you just hook it up and tune it? What exactly can you tune? are there presets in the app? also, for the 2016's, does this eliminate or still use the mode select switch with the dial under the seat? Can you enplane to me what you'd see out of your bike just by hooking it up? 

You can alter the rev limit ignition and fuel , on the 17 the map switch no longer works, you have multiple maps you can program, I've actually used one to detune it for my son who has recently started riding after going on a pit bike , you can only change maps with the engine running

When running you can only see what map is selected, unless you want to program it , then you open the parameter you want

1 hour ago, mog said:

You can alter the rev limit ignition and fuel , on the 17 the map switch no longer works, you have multiple maps you can program, I've actually used one to detune it for my son who has recently started riding after going on a pit bike , you can only change maps with the engine running

When running you can only see what map is selected, unless you want to program it , then you open the parameter you want

I'm asking myself if it's a good upgrade or not. I'd love to be able to go on my i pad and mod with some fuel settings. Do you think it's worth the price and how much do you use it? 

I can't say if it's worth it to you, as I don't know how much you want to try new stuff , if you enjoy playing with settings and altering stuff then yes, if you only want to flick to a soft map occasionally then the map switch can do that

11 hours ago, mog said:

I can't say if it's worth it to you, as I don't know how much you want to try new stuff , if you enjoy playing with settings and altering stuff then yes, if you only want to flick to a soft map occasionally then the map switch can do that

Yea it sounds like it does quite a bit, can you map your bike for say woods and then the track? How much are you allowed to advance the fuel ration and timing? can it damage the bike ? What other things can you do. Does the bike have to be on in order for you to use it? 

Yes you can map it for anything you want, but it won't tell you how , the fuel and timing can be done to extremes so I think you could damage the engine if you tried, e.g. 15% lean on fuel and 10degrees of advance might do it ? I'm not sure I did mine rich on the dyno to loose power 20161003_123102_001.jpg

The middle line is get setting as delivered and had perfect fueling, the lower is the rich setting

You can only upload a map as it's running, you can alter a map in seconds

1 minute ago, mog said:

Yes you can map it for anything you want, but it won't tell you how , the fuel and timing can be done to extremes so I think you could damage the engine if you tried, e.g. 15% lean on fuel and 10degrees of advance might do it ? I'm not sure I did mine rich on the dyno to loose power 20161003_123102_001.jpg

The middle line is get setting as delivered and had perfect fueling, the lower is the rich setting

Okay neet! So there isn't any safeties in place like "hey these changes could cause engine damage" You need to know what you're doing in order to mod the maps? 

How many presets are there that i can just select? 

There is about a million combinations you can select with timing fuel and rev limit, I don't think they can make it adjustable and yet 100% safe , if don't don't stray far from std you could play safely for years lol

2 hours ago, mog said:

Yes you can map it for anything you want, but it won't tell you how , the fuel and timing can be done to extremes so I think you could damage the engine if you tried, e.g. 15% lean on fuel and 10degrees of advance might do it ? I'm not sure I did mine rich on the dyno to loose power

Did you have to detune it due to your limp-wristed riding style?

I'm curious on this too. Does it also have a Map switch button that you can mount on the handlebar? I have a 17 and I like the map button on the handlebar, would want to have a similar feature with the GET. 

And does GET come with 10 pre programmed modes that they recommend for various types of riding or do you have to configure those 10 modes on your own?

No switch , you have to use the Wi-Fi and yes you have to program them yourself

On 3/23/2017 at 0:01 PM, mog said:

Hey Mog, is that blue line a "preset" map or your own map?

Thanks.

That's a 14 big bore with head mods , and a rs4 pipe

On 3/23/2017 at 5:12 PM, redrider144 said:

Did you have to detune it due to your limp-wristed riding style?

Great "Revenge of the Nerds" reference :D  (at least I hope that was your intent :)).

Red is trolling in other forums as he's not getting enough attention in pro racing

• Like 1

You want the blue one, evo basic. We use on our yamahas. Can fine tune jetting everywhere throughout the range which adds HP.  Can map for a specific,better fuel. 

Problem is finding a good tuner. One that has a dyno that has experience and a very good understanding in mapping for the GET ecu.    Harrisperformance does ours!!

On 4/7/2017 at 10:26 AM, yz250f 78 said:

You want the blue one, evo basic. We use on our yamahas. Can fine tune jetting everywhere throughout the range which adds HP.  Can map for a specific,better fuel. 

Problem is finding a good tuner. One that has a dyno that has experience and a very good understanding in mapping for the GET ecu.    Harrisperformance does ours!!

What year YZ250F are you running?  Do you do moto or offroad?  We are looking at options to help with dead engine starts, stock it is very finicky.  Does the GET ECU help?  Vortex claims theirs helps a lot but they are pricey, plus we are supported by Tucker Rocky that that distributes the GET ECU Do you have a contact for harris performance?