Hey everyone, I am new to the world of 2 strokes and I am having an issue with a 1996 CR250r that I recently acquired. To begin with the bike will bog down when I first hit the throttle and will do so again if I let it sit for a bit.  However the problem goes away if I am constantly on and off the throttle.  The larger issue however is that the bike seems like it is hitting a rev limiter at 3/4 throttle and the power is lacking for a bike this size.  Id appreciate any help in trying to figure this out.

• Like 1

Air screw for right off idle may be to lean? Maybe a power valve adjustment for the top? Or it's lean up there too

There are a lot of things that it could be,  and having lived with a bunch of crs I need to ask you first if it has the stock PJ carburetor on it?   To me it sounds quite rich,  and your answer on the carburetor will dictate some of my thoughts. 

IAll things above and new reeds maybe. I have one of those myself and is very good bike:ride: 400$ from CL.  Got 1500 in it all together 

20170215_090917.jpg