Recommended rear tire for a 2001 XR250R

Depends on the type of riding you intend to do and terrain.  The good part is; with 19 hp you don't wear them out very fast.

5 hours ago, Joshua Besneatte said:

I do a lot of Nor Cal trail riding... Terrain goes from very soft to very hard. The favorite rear tire up here is the Maxxis Desert tire. Awesome traction and it lasts a long time.... IMO the ultimate Goldilocks Zone tire.   

Better tire than that is the Kenda Parker DT.  Cheaper than the overpriced Maxxis and gets better reviews.  Best tire I've ever used, have it front and rear.  Its bi-directional, you mount it depending on your terrain.

DSCF6877_zpsmhlug5pr.jpg

DSCF6876_zps4oiwgqrb.jpg

DSCF6880_zpse5gd92g4.jpg

17 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Better tire than that is the Kenda Parker DT.  Cheaper than the overpriced Maxxis and gets better reviews.  Best tire I've ever used, have it front and rear.  Its bi-directional, you mount it depending on your terrain.

Cheaper is good! I will have to give that one a try next time and I will let everyone know how I like it.... I was like 20 miles out on my last ride and got a flat. I rode all the way home and the tire held up fine (riding mellow). I thought that was pretty cool.... I am switching to the Tubliss system this weekend