Airoh aviator no mips?

I've been looking at the aviator 2.2 and can not find really any information regarding safety. Does it have multi layer foam and rotational impact protection etc? It should for the price. I also can not find any certifications for this helmet? How does this helmet work/perform?

I know it's the lightest and one of the most comfortable but those features wouldn't make sense if I end up drooling into a cup and slurring for the rest of my life.. 

its a quality helmet , but doesn't have the tech behind it of some . That said  every crash is different , and the lighter weight is huge , for extended time in the saddle racing or riding the benefits of a light quality helmet far outweigh the negatives 

When I saw this thread earlier, I started looking into it because I plan on buying a aviator 2.2 in the next month or so. I found they meet ECE standards (http://racerxonline.com/2013/06/06/between-the-motos-airoh-helmets) and DOT. The linked article explains why they feel the ECE standard is better than SNELL. I'm not familiar with ECE and don't have the time to research it right now. As far as MIPS, haven't found anything. 

What I find interesting is that the helmets are ISDA endorsed and there are a number of top level riders wearing aviator 2.2 helmets. So I'm assuming the ECE standard is some good shit and its a safe helmet. I just don't have the data to confirm that assumption right now. 

I have been riding with Airoh helmets since 2012 (superbike and mx) and my AGVs never came off the wall again.

The weight and comfort are second to none.

If it's good for MotoGP and MXGP, it's good for me.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:03 AM, Andrew Graham said:

its a quality helmet , but doesn't have the tech behind it of some . That said  every crash is different , and the lighter weight is huge , for extended time in the saddle racing or riding the benefits of a light quality helmet far outweigh the negatives 

Lighter weight doesn't mean that much until you really experience it.  My old Fly was comfortable, but the padding was deteriorating after 5 years so I sprung for a new Bell.  The Bell must weigh half of what my Fly did.  It makes such a huge difference riding, like I said you have to experience it.

The Airoh's can be had for fairly cheap if you buy them online from Europe. I got my Aviator 2.2 for $350ish from Chromeburner...lot better than the $550-600 stateside. 

As other's have said, they meet the ECE standards, which are rumored to be more relevant than SNELL in the dirt world. They're very popular in pro-racing, super lightweight, and look badazz. 

On March 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, nascarnate326 said:

Buy a 6D or Bell moto9 flex.

Too heavy.

On April 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM, inlumo said:

I have been riding with Airoh helmets since 2012 (superbike and mx) and my AGVs never came off the wall again.

The weight and comfort are second to none.

If it's good for MotoGP and MXGP, it's good for me.

AX8 isnot much heavier than the Airoh. I can't tell much of a difference between the two. 

I run a Soumy MX Jump and AGV AX8. I only do 2.5lb helmets now. Too many head and neck injuries. Just sold my spare Shoei.

All the research I have done leads me to believe ECE is more relevant for dirt bikes.

Edited by ckny