Looking for a $.10 tour

Hey guys.  Just transplanted down to San Diego and getting back on the bike after a short hiatus.  One of the things I was most looking forward to about moving to SD was the south of the border riding.  I know its somewhat of a secret society down that way so I figured my best bet is to put up a flag and see who offers up.  I'm not the fire-roading-pound-whoops-all-day-"rip to the tip" type, nor do I believe in riding with GoPros just to blast over youtube.  My work schedule usually limits me to weekday riding...which works out perfectly for my preference of trail poaching.  Currently reside in Bay Park.  Post up or PM me if any of ya'll would like to show me around :) 

• Like 1

That's a great idea. Lots of close single track around there to ride too.

Once im healed up from this broken wrist I'd be willing to ride Baja with you. I haven't been yet myself, but have a lot of friends who can probably lead us. 

• Like 1

Good deal, thanks for the advice guys :rolleyes:

I know a few baja guys.  Just none that live in San Diego area.  Hoping to meet some dudes.  Gonna go to Pala tomorrow on the way home from work for a couple hours to continue the ongoing process of getting my sea legs back.  Heal up buddy!

• Like 1

If you haven't already, Id recommend heading over to SDAR (sd adventure riders) and joining their forum. Good bunch of guys that get together for a lot of riding. Some make Baja trips as well. 

I'll look into it for sure.  Most my riding is done on the way home from work which usually means a 50/50 split of moto or some SSS.  I know theres some good poaching to be had in SD and even better non-poaching to be had down south.  Also heard there's a little enduro circuit that a guy puts on in Baja.  Would like to look into that as well

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 10:50 AM, Andrew_v949 said:

I'll look into it for sure.  Most my riding is done on the way home from work which usually means a 50/50 split of moto or some SSS.  I know theres some good poaching to be had in SD and even better non-poaching to be had down south.  Also heard there's a little enduro circuit that a guy puts on in Baja.  Would like to look into that as well

Los Ancianos? I almost did their tecate enduro in Dec. but it ended up taking place while I was in Cabo. I've heard great things. Got the short cast put on my wrist yesterday. 2 more weeks in this thing and then ill be good to go within a week or 2. 

• Like 1