03 RM85 Needs A Refresh

So my mother bought my brother a 03 RM85 and im going through the engine and checking it out. First off some moron took aluminum paint and rattle can sprayed the engine with it in the frame and the carb still on so that has paint on it also. Anti freeze came out murky green with mustard looking goop in the radiator and with that the gearbox oil is gray (water pump seal most likely). Im just kinda stumped on this power valve adjustment. The stator side of the cylinder has the cap and I took it off with the spring poking all the way through the cap like if someone drilled through it to have the spring sticking out. Any tips on how to adjust the power valve once I get it all cleaned up? The suzuki service manual I have downloaded shows the newer style powervalve and doesn't go into adjusting. Clymer and Haynes doesn't make a manual either or id buy it and be on my way. Any manuals out there that go into more depth than the suzuki one? 

The stock setting for the power valve is 1 turn clockwise until the part you hold is inline with the screws.

If the spring is sacked you can turn it a few more degrees to get an equivalent setting...or just get a new spring. You probably want to get a new cap for it though if the PO drilled a hole in it. Wouldn't want any muddy water working it's way into your pv system.

EDIT: Just checked the service manual. It is 1 turn clockwise on the pv adjuster, not 1/2.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:27 PM, Metal and Dirt said:

The stock setting for the power valve is 1 turn clockwise until the part you hold is inline with the screws.

If the spring is sacked you can turn it a few more degrees to get an equivalent setting...or just get a new spring. You probably want to get a new cap for it though if the PO drilled a hole in it. Wouldn't want any muddy water working it's way into your pv system.

EDIT: Just checked the service manual. It is 1 turn clockwise on the pv adjuster, not 1/2.

Thank you, is there a better manaul than just the regular suzuki service manual? It doesnt really go into that much detail.

Thank you, is there a better manaul than just the regular suzuki service manual? It doesnt really go into that much detail.

There may be other manuals. The Suzuki service manual should have everything you need for taking apart, cleaning, inspecting, and putting the exhaust valves back together.
What details are you missing?