2013 yz250 suspension sucks

I have a 2013 yz250 that somebody has revvalved the suspension on and now it sucks!  I only ride this bike at the mx track.  I suspect that the original owner was a lightweight has the springs were quite soft (softer than stock).  I have since replaced them with the correct ones  now but compared to a stock 2014 yz250f it's not even close.  It feels like the forks just blows through the travel to easy.  I did notice that the valves in the forks are purple colour and figured that they aren't stock like that.  Now I am not sure if I should just buy the racetech gold valve kit and do it my self or send it to the local tuner?  I would like to take it on myself I just hope I can get the results I want.  To get the forks close to the 2014  yz250f would nice. Any suggestions? 

If I was in your shoe's I would just get the Gold valve kit. You get the kit and plus for a limited time I have heard, you can get on there data base after you purchase their kit and get valve stacks.
If you have everything all set up on your pc you could have time and print everthing off in time.

If I ever do another bike I have This is the route I am taking.

What's the clicker at now?  You could do gold valves and have great suspension and learn alot, or if you like figuring things out you could revalve it yourself, it may just need a couple mid valve low speed shims added back in and some low speed compression base valve shims put back in. Because revalved for woods they take out shims to make it softer. Or take it and have it revalved for you. 

You can find the stock 2014 250f stacks here.  It wouldn't be hard to duplicate the stacks to get you close.  I can't say what effect the valves will have.   

7 hours ago, tom02cr250 said:

What's the clicker at now?  You could do gold valves and have great suspension and learn alot, or if you like figuring things out you could revalve it yourself, it may just need a couple mid valve low speed shims added back in and some low speed compression base valve shims put back in. Because revalved for woods they take out shims to make it softer. Or take it and have it revalved for you. 

I'm tearing apart my forks maybe next week.. got some riding over the weekends. rear shock should follow I guess to even things out. I'm eager to get it done.

If you're up to it, pull the everything apart and post the shim stacks that are in there. You may need to buy a few shims, but not have to start from scratch.

Is this 13 a 2 stroke?

Ok I'll pull them out and see what I got in there.  Just have to finish my ec300 project bike first, not much to go in that one.  I'll have to re do the shims on the wp43 forks on that one also

Edited by Aaron Lyons