Is a high mile KTM 690R a gamble?

I've been looking for a little more muscle than my DRZ 400Sm and my local dealer has a 2014 KTN 690r, very clean, but 21K on it, ,thus I wonder what maintenance/problems I could be looking forward to $$. Another option they have is a 2011 Husky TE 630 with 5000k or so, both bought at auction I'm just not sure???

Thoughts

14 hours ago, Chief3f1 said:

I've been looking for a little more muscle than my DRZ 400Sm and my local dealer has a 2014 KTN 690r, very clean, but 21K on it, ,thus I wonder what maintenance/problems I could be looking forward to $$. Another option they have is a 2011 Husky TE 630 with 5000k or so, both bought at auction I'm just not sure???

Thoughts

Might try the bike specific forum. Dirt bike>make model>KTM>LC4.  With that use it would all depend on how it was ridden and maintained. I bought my 2014 in October 2016 with only 1200 miles on it. I knew it had been crashed a bit more than normal but assumed maintenance couldn't be too far off. 

Airbox/air filter leaks can be an issue, it was with mine. Also rocker arms perhaps. Those appear to be the biggies. Otherwise the engines are said to last 60k without major attention. Check the forum referenced above. 

Good luck, it's a really fun bike. :thumbsup: