Updated post of my 2013 kx450f start issues

Figured I would post an updated thread so you don't have to read through so many posts.  2013 kx450f complete rebuild from ground up, nothing wrong just rebuilt for preventative and powder coating.  Bike won't start now.  I troubleshoot everything per the service manual and it all checks good.  Bike fires for few seconds if you put fuel directly into cylinder.  What I have narrowed it down to is fuel because if I pull the Injector and kick the bike it barely squirts but when I hook a battery to the capacitor plug the injector squirts fine with kicking the bike.  Hook inkector back up with battery and bike still won't fire.  

1.  Why does it fire putting fuel I'm cylinder but won't normal,starting?

2.  Why does the injector squirt fine with battery power bit not with normal kicking?

Is there a grounding issue because of the powder coating somewhere?

Without looking at the schematics right now, the voltage regulator, capacitor, coil (plug wire) etc... are typically grounded to the frame. And, for the record, I'm not sure how this works with aluminum KX frames. I just know when I rebuilt some TRX450R's  and PC's the frames, you had to make sure and go back to bare metal where those connected. A bad connection will cause voltage issues.

Edited by XtremeDuners
  • Like 1

Today I will make a few harnesses and apply 12 V power to the capacitor plug and the fuel tank at the same time even though with just the battery applied to the capacitor plug it should be running the fuel pump and injector to full capacity while kicking but i'm running out of things to check so i'll do this later and see if it starts.  Unless the manual is incorrect on the timing, I have it exactly like teh servie manual.  The timing mark lined up, exhaust cam so the line on the cam gear is exactly paralell with the head surface, 29 pins to the intake alignment mark, and the mark on teh intake cam is like 1 pin above the head surface.  That is exactly how the manual shows it.  I'll also reverify the valve clearance since I bump started it and got some actual rpm's on the motor.

IDK and I am really starting to get pissed off with this Damn bike.  I put 12 volts to run the pump and 12 volts to the capacitor plug and Damn thing still won't start.  Every single Damn thing i check is good.  I really am not about ti just start throwing 2-$300 parts at this thing.  Do kawi dealers have any special equipment that would actually get me any farther? And checked compression it was 60, manual calls for 60-100 probably cause compression release, 60 does seem low but it fired with has directly in the cylinder.

Edited by pavetim

Sorry was late and just worked 12 hours.  When I pulled fuel pump to fix the broken wire the o-ring in the inside housing fell out and I only had o-ring on the outside housing.  Pump ran and even passed the flow rest but when i hooked up pressure gauge, no pressure.  I replaced the o-ring and started first kick.  .10 cent part and made it look like ecu or fuel pump.  

Edited by pavetim

Yeah just need to check valves ,ow I got some riding on it cause its actually hard to start and never was.  Almost always have to use choke even if it's hot.  Could be the fuel too.  I went with the U4.4 but may swap back to VPR because the 4.4 you need to drain every time.

Everybody always have a smart ass stupid comment.  I hope,your bike takes a shit and you have to ask questions to fix it. But I bet you wish you had what my bike has.

0319171331a.jpg

0319171331e.jpg

Edited by pavetim
  • Like 1