Anyone tried out v-force 4 ???

Just wondering if anyone has swapped out standard reed valve on a newer model sx 250 for v force 4 ? I only ask because I have a 2016 sx 250 and my friend has a 2013 which comes stock with v force and to be honest his bike seems to pull better and have more torque than my bike even though both bikes are stock with same gearing , any information on this would be great , thanks

The head was detuned for 2014 as well, so that could be a factor into the "feel" the bike has. I just threw a Vforce 4 cage on my 2015 300XC and it will be interesting to see if I can tell any difference once I get it out on the track.

Put a set on my 17 250xcw the other night. Only took it a quick spin up road. Going for a trail ride sat so I'll know better. 

• Like 1

Ok guys , let me know how it goes then , I wonder why they detuned the head ...I feel the 13 I had a go on had a healthier pull from bottom to mid then similar top to my bike , both on yellow powervalve spring as well

On 3/24/2017 at 3:18 AM, Ironpony said:

Ok guys , let me know how it goes then , I wonder why they detuned the head ...I feel the 13 I had a go on had a healthier pull from bottom to mid then similar top to my bike , both on yellow powervalve spring as well

It was to make the power more linear throughout the rpm range. It wasn't really to reduce performance, just make it more usable. Of course engine characteristics and preferences are always subjective, so there's never really a definite right or wrong for KTM to make this tweak.

I was gonna get on for my 2017 KTM 250SX, but i am waiting for Boysen Engineering to finalize their model for the 2017 bikes.......

Noticed it smoothed out idle and bike seemed to start easier. Honestly hard to tell much else because I've been messing with jetting couple evenings. My stock block definitely had light shining through and I feel better knowing I got a better system. 

Thanks guys I think I'm going to get a vforce I also think it's a better system than the standard reed cage

• Like 1