Drz400 dual sport tire specs

So it's time to start thinking about my next tire set, right now I have the Heidenau K60. Rear Size is 140/80-17 M/C. And Front Size is 120/90-17 M/C. 

They are pretty bulky looking, they are pretty tall tires. I'm looking around and I'm leaning towards with:

Both tires Continental TKC80, 

Both tires Shinko705, or

Rear Shinko805 with a Front Continental TKC80.

I do Street and Dirt, that's why I'm going with those set of tires. And I want to try something new with tires.

But I want to go with a smaller wall on the tires. I see rear tires 150/70-17 on Shinko705, Continental, and Shinko805..

Front I want a 120/70-17 Tire.

My question is will the Rear 150/70-17 fit?

The stock tire for DRZ400SM is a 140/70-17. 

Will the 150' hit/rub on the chain or swingarm?

FYI: Heidenau K60 have done pretty well on Street and Dirt/Gravel.. Not so good on mud though. 

if you dont realize, the '70' is an aspect ratio .. the wider the tire the higher it will be if its a 70 ... if you go wider you generally want to reduce aspect ratio to keep the same height .. that said, a 150 will likely rub the chain in that style of tire .. it doesnt bother some people if it rubs alittle bit, it bothers me personally .. i know a fat tire look is appealing to some including me, but the truth is a thinner stock size tire usually performs better in any type of tire ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowpie said:

if you dont realize, the '70' is an aspect ratio .. the wider the tire the higher it will be if its a 70 ... if you go wider you generally want to reduce aspect ratio to keep the same height .. that said, a 150 will likely rub the chain in that style of tire .. it doesnt bother some people if it rubs alittle bit, it bothers me personally .. i know a fat tire look is appealing to some including me, but the truth is a thinner stock size tire usually performs better in any type of tire ..

Yeah, I don't want the tire rubbing. Thanks for the reply

I have a 150 -17 705 on one of my XT's , forget which ratio , it is 6¼" wide , pretty wide . They are nice tires but don't like wet dirt , wet grass , or mud , otherwise for mostly street I like them .

Finally replaced my tires on my DRZ4sm, a little late but got it done!!

Front, Continental TKC80 120/70/17IMG_20170515_113637.thumb.jpg.19d0204a95dde15c746028a5ec765229.jpg

And Rear, Shinko805 150/70/17

IMG_20170515_113705.thumb.jpg.ebc69d4ead51eef6070d5c9e8f50ae04.jpg

Rear doesn't rub on the chain. Fits perfectly fine. They do great off-road and great on road. Also really good on turns. Amazon has good price on these tires. Also replaced the inner tubes with some Bridgestone  tubes. Hope this helps someone out there looking for some 40/60 tires. Love this set of tires! Quit looking! Get them already!!

Edited by 07DRZ4SM