KTM Throttle Body on RMZ250

Hi guys,

So I toyed with a few bikes and finally settled on a 16 RMZ250. I couldn't believe how great they handled after riding it, but it definitely wasn't the fastest out there. I have some friends that run the Suzuki GB mx team and they hooked me up with a KTM throttle body, vortex ECU and a full pro circuit T6. What a bike! This thing flat out rips! I honesty couldn't believe the difference, anyone looking for a bit more and doesn't want to pull a motor apart I would definitely recommend it. It takes some work, a bit of wiring loom modification and a fuel rail relocator but it's so worth it. The only thing I'm not sure of is where to put the condenser as it's not possible to mount on the TB anymore. The only other thing I have done is put +15% clutch springs in, such a great bike I felt like I had to share!

• Like 3

Yeah factory teams have run that mod for years now! Twisted Development makes it available to the public.
Its "just" $1500 for the whole plug and play kit that includes the 44mm KTM throttle body and Vortex ECU.
I bet it rips but I cannot ever justify that much money for it. 
Same guys are also selling 2nd injector kits, right now only available for the YZ250F..

20 minutes ago, Gareth Crothers said:

What size of ktm throttle body did you use.. ? And have you any pictures of the set-up? Thanks

On 3/28/2017 at 4:02 PM, tmsuspension said:

GET makes a second injector kit for the rmz250

So are you saying if you purchase a GET ignition ecu kit.. you dont need to swap out the suzuki throttle body for a KTM one or can you do both?