Jump to content

Dutch's Loop at Shelton

Recommended Posts

Ok folks, Old Grunt has worked his tail off on making something out of this new project in Shelton WA. Below is a link of a trail that he and I did yesterday that covers all of the single track he's made, along with some pipeline trail, double track and the manzanita dirt road. It's a 20 mile trail and if it were not for me running out of gas on the way, we could probably added another 5 miles or more double track at the far end of the loop. In the map below, the red dots are pictures, put your cursor over it and you can see the pic in the place it was taken. If you drag the cursor over the elevation part of the map, the ball follows our route. For members of this club, you can dowload this map onto your phone. This software is a free download at alltrails.com

Are you really into riding dirt bikes? Do you care about building a legacy for this generation and those to come? Are you willing to give back to the cause, participate? Then join up and help turn this property into a shining example of what can be done all throughout the country with private forestry lands and ORV user groups. 

 

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/dutch-loop

 

 

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This picture is on the pipeline trail. Goes a long way along the pipeline. Fast moving and exhilarating. I envision this being a connector between various places along the way that have a variety of single track sections with varying degrees of challenge. This property is big, the possibilities are endless. 

One reason why I'm excited about this, is from a physical fitness standpoint. You bust trail for a few hours, you're going to burn some calories!

Weather is soon going to dry out a bit, get warmer, and we can have some work crews out there making a difference. Then, we can have a barbeque eat drink and be merry afterwards. 

 

080.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work fella's!. As you are finding out. A very small % of riders will lift a finger or donate to the sport. I listened to a hard core rider with lots of time tell me how he does not have time to help with trails. Lame!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Russ Henry said:

Good work fella's!. As you are finding out. A very small % of riders will lift a finger or donate to the sport. I listened to a hard core rider with lots of time tell me how he does not have time to help with trails. Lame!

 

They want EBT card govt trails. Nothing in, quality out, whine bitch complain..... Ha ha, then you got guys like Dutch and You that will literally spend months on end putting in time that couldn't possibly be paid for. You only get back what you put into it.

I started riding again only 18 months ago. If you'd asked me then what I expected as far as trails and such, I would have thought less than 5% of what we are so incredibly blessed to ride. 

Every time I ride Tahuya and Naches, I marvel at the volunteer work by selfless others that granted me such a gift.

 

This is WHY I am now contributing back. A combo of commitment and guilt. I simply couldn't keep riding the trails that others have spent so many hours on without giving back. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Ok folks, Old Grunt has worked his tail off on making something out of this new project in Shelton WA. Below is a link of a trail that he and I did yesterday that covers all of the single track he's made, along with some pipeline trail, double track and the manzanita dirt road. It's a 20 mile trail and if it were not for me running out of gas on the way, we could probably added another 5 miles or more double track at the far end of the loop. In the map below, the red dots are pictures, put your cursor over it and you can see the pic in the place it was taken. If you drag the cursor over the elevation part of the map, the ball follows our route. For members of this club, you can dowload this map onto your phone. This software is a free download at alltrails.com

Are you really into riding dirt bikes? Do you care about building a legacy for this generation and those to come? Are you willing to give back to the cause, participate? Then join up and help turn this property into a shining example of what can be done all throughout the country with private forestry lands and ORV user groups. 

 

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/dutch-loop

 

 

Nice work! I thing a Sherman would be more appropriate for the music. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody up for a real rocking ride Sunday? 

All you need is your bike and an empty backpack.

We will fill our packs with rocks. 

Then we ride to the wet spot I want to harden and dump them in. 

Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat, etc.

Edited by oldgrunt
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this go buy the Indian burial ground that's rumored to be out there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Engstrom said:

Does this go buy the Indian burial ground that's rumored to be out there?

Have not heard of that.

1 hour ago, Engstrom said:

Does this go buy the Indian burial ground that's rumored to be out there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No rain in the forecast for Saturday at Mason Lake.  It would be a better day for the rocking ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Engstrom said:

Does this go buy the Indian burial ground that's rumored to be out there?

They tore out all the headstones back in the 50s, it was a logging camp that had been whacked by yellow fever during the late 1800's. Some say you can hear saws in the middle of the night and men singing. Probably just some local drunks but there's an old lady out there in a gas station on the old hwy that swears it's her great grandfather still doing his job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

I have 3 out of 3 bikes in the shop....perhaps I need one more motorcycle.   

Dirt bike for guys is like woman and  shoes. You can never have too many! 

My dream garage will be filled with a bike for every type of riding that has been massaged by a factory mechanic. Each bike has the finest parts $ can buy. And a professional mechanic to maintain them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

They tore out all the headstones back in the 50s, it was a logging camp that had been whacked by yellow fever during the late 1800's. Some say you can hear saws in the middle of the night and men singing. Probably just some local drunks but there's an old lady out there in a gas station on the old hwy that swears it's her great grandfather still doing his job. 

Carefull....you might meat this one out there

IMG_1148.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Yeates and I added two short single tracks through the woods at the Staging Area 3 gravel pit practice area today. They have some fun dips and curves. They are blue arrowed (more difficult) trails.

Edited by oldgrunt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2017 at 6:38 PM, Engstrom said:

Carefull....you might meat this one out there

IMG_1148.JPG

is that elizabeth warren?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×