Suspension

What do i have to adjust to make my stick suspension ideal to my weight ? (i am lighter than what the suspension is set up for)

The manual I reference you to in the other topic has a "Tuning" section starting on page 187 which explains a lot. Yes, your suspension needs to be setup for your weight, riding conditions, abilities and preferences. Being a lot lighter than what the suspension is setup for many very well mean you need a softer spring.

If you can not get the suspension working for you with clicker changes, oil level and spring change then it means you are faced with a revalve. If you go through the sets to adjust (and understand) your suspension, you will know if you are at the revalve stage. There is also another guide I like to use. I go find it and be back.

• Like 1

Here's the guide I like: http://www.tootechracing.com/var/m_b/b8/b83/57985/633254-Twin_Ch_Fork_Setup_10-12-07.pdf?download

I'm a beginner. It took me about 3 months to figure out my Showa SFF TAC forks and the rear suspension. But now that I went through that process, I know a lot more about my suspension and how I prefer that suspension to be setup.

• Like 4

Gonedirtbiken I'm not sure I understand completely. On the rear sag I measure from ink mark on fender then sit on the bike, and remeasure. The number of inches should be ? How do I determine that number?

First and formost the spring. Until you match it to your wieght anything else is just a band aid and you are not getting the most out of your suspension

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul Caudill said:

Gonedirtbiken I'm not sure I understand completely. On the rear sag I measure from ink mark on fender then sit on the bike, and remeasure. The number of inches should be ? How do I determine that number?

Here is a video on suspension setup and it includes how to measure SAG - https://youtu.be/fRXmJeRQCRw?list=PLxR86UD-Ub2qHTiFS57VUDsLhhV0bLQSP. A lot of others can be found searching on youTube.

Myself, I bought a SLACKER DIGITAL SAG SCALE to make setting sag easy to do by myself. I also drilled a small hole in the bottom of the fender to make it even easier - if you buy one you will understand the small hole...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul Caudill said:

As far as determining your SAG, your owner's manual will most likely have a guideline. Again, your preferences and ability will make that vary. Next, you will want to make tweaks for track (I only do track so you can substitute trail) conditions: Sand = you may like a little more sag, Fast tracks with long sections you may like a little more sag to keep reduce any head shake at higher speeds. Tight technical tracks you may like less sag so that you can turn tighter, faster.

The exact sag setting is determined "by the seat of your pants".

Edited by GoneDirtBikeN
  • Like 1