Is this normal?

So when riding in gear I will pull the clutch in to coast is it normal for the engine to rev up a tiny bit or no? I am afraid I will need a new clutch basket but there so expensive and I am going on a ride this weekend and I don't wanna hurt the bike 

Depends on if you are lugging the engine, on the gas, or on the brakes when you pull the lever. None the less, I don't think you are going to damage anything by riding it. The clutch components, even in stock form, can withstand alot of abuse.

43 minutes ago, 351mustanger said:

Depends on if you are lugging the engine, on the gas, or on the brakes when you pull the lever. None the less, I don't think you are going to damage anything by riding it. The clutch components, even in stock form, can withstand alot of abuse.

It's when I let off on the throttle I pull the clutch in and it revs a little

my kx250 in neutral clutch out idles slightly lower then when you pull the clutch lever in

if you notice when bike is up on the stand the back tyre will pin slowly in neutral but you can

stop it by hand , thats the slight clutch drag nothing to worry about 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:39 PM, kxrob said:

my kx250 in neutral clutch out idles slightly lower then when you pull the clutch lever in

if you notice when bike is up on the stand the back tyre will pin slowly in neutral but you can

stop it by hand , thats the slight clutch drag nothing to worry about 

I think I have a notched clutch basket because once the engine gets fully warm it won't go into neutral and it moves by itself in gear with the clutch pulled in

i would start with cables. just check and see if adjusting them helps. if any difference at all then order a new one. depending on the year of ur bike im sure ur fingers are grooved but depending on how bad they are u can just file them out and put new plates in it. not recommended but ive done it before due to a non allowing budget and it got me by.